Holiday Inn and suites across from Universal?

Poipu04

Earning My Ears
Costco has a really great price for the Holiday Inn and Suites across from Universal. $1800 for 7 nights, including 5 day park hopper for two adults and rental car. Does anyone have an opinion on this hotel. Other packages are slightly more money for a Vistana Village.

I got cold feet and tentatively reserved at Hyatt House near Universal. It’s through Costco but not a package. I have to add tickets separately.

Costco has a really great price for the Holiday Inn and Suites across from Universal. $1800 for 7 nights, including 5 day park hopper for two adults and rental car. Does anyone have an opinion on this hotel. Other packages are slightly more money for a Vistana Village.

We've never stayed there, but it sounds like a terrific deal! Have you checked reviews online?

I stayed there a few years ago and liked it a lot. They had no separate parking or resort fees, good quality room, and within walking distance to Universal so I was able to avoid U's parking fee. I did have a car with me, but that was mainly for trips to WDW and occasional eating and shopping away from the resorts.

What MIChessGuy said. Stayed there in Feb. Room was fine - nothing special but clean and no issues. Fridge and microwave in the rooms.

They do have a free shuttle to UO that you can sign up for the day before, and a free shuttle back. We took the free shuttle 2x in the morning (very full but it's a short ride and was a busy day).

Otherwise we walked, including walking back each night late after City Walk dinner. The path to the parks is nice, lush and green and set back from the street. That's after you cross the busy intersection - which has a stoplight for the crosswalk. Was not a problem even at night, though we were 2 adults. Saw kids walking it too. The walking path entrance uses the valet security station which was really nice since it's never busy.

We could just see RRR from our window, peeking up over the parking garage.

Couldn't beat the price (got it on Hotwire and confirmed it was this hotel through betterbidding.com), and the free parking saved us $ each day since we didn't have to park in UO.

NM. I misread and thought this was for HI-express at Sea World. I highly recommend that one!

Stayed here in June, like the above posters have said, good clean room close to Uni. I enjoyed the stay and would stay again if price was cheaper than the Uni hotels. My stay was quiet and met all my expectations.

Otherwise we walked, including walking back each night late after City Walk dinner. The path to the parks is nice, lush and green and set back from the street. That's after you cross the busy intersection - which has a stoplight for the crosswalk. Was not a problem even at night, though we were 2 adults. Saw kids walking it too. The walking path entrance uses the valet security station which was really nice since it's never busy.

Approximately how long is the walk?

Probably 10min? We never timed it. From the exit of Citywalk, it is probably about twice as far as from security to the park entrances.

Staying at Hyatt House right now. Newer hotel with lots of suite rooms. Has only been open since July this year. In queen studio tonight but moving to 1 bedroom tomorrow. Lovely hotel!

Staying at Hyatt House right now. Newer hotel with lots of suite rooms. Has only been open since July this year. In queen studio tonight but moving to 1 bedroom tomorrow. Lovely hotel!
So glad to hear that you are enjoying your stay!

So glad to hear that you are enjoying your stay!
Ok now I’ve experienced the 1 bed suite, pool and breakfast. And I cannot give enough high marks to this place. It’s been a great stay! The staff is very friendly, and we’ve loved being here. It’s a very short, quick drive to universal- we have free parking with our AP so we prefer our own car to a shuttle, but DH and son used Uber to parks this am. $10 ride for two- still cheaper than $25/day parking at universal. The breakfast is fantastic. Hope you enjoy your stay too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter