Holiday season at Disney/Mickey's party

allboyz

Mouseketeer
Hi! I have a question. We plant to visit the park in November. It will be me, my husband and our 17 year old son. If we don't go to Mickey's party, is the park any different than going another time of the year? We usually go to Disney during the Spring. We were just there this Spring. We have two days left on our tickets. We have always wanted to see Disney during the holidays. We have some free time November 8-11 so we thought we would pop by there for a few days. Anyway, once I started looking at a few threads it seems that many talk about the party and processional. The party is available during our time. Would we still get a holiday feeling in the park if we don't go to the party? Is there anything to do/see (holiday parade,holiday show,different fireworks,etc) that would be different than regular season if we don't go to the party? We are really trying to keep expenses down for this trip. We did Disney Cruise/Disney World/Universal during the Spring. We have another big trip in March so we are kinda saving for that. We just wanted to use our leftover days and see Disney during the holidays because it has been on our bucket list. Anyway, would we still get the holiday feeling if we pass on the party? Thanks...

**One more thing unrelated but has anyone had luck getting Fast Passes for Pandora 30 days out? Are the lines still long? We were not able to get Fast passes for it back during the Spring.

If we don't go to Mickey's party, is the park any different than going another time of the year?
The difference at MK is seeing the castle draped in icicles, seeing it at night is magical. Plus all the other decorations down main st. You could hit the park on a non party night and not spend the money on the party. The processional is at Epoct, but it doesn't start until after thanksgiving. Epcot does have festivals around the world - but that too doesn't start until after your visit. I think you are hitting it at a transition time where they will be done with the halloween events and they will be gearing up for the Christmas holidays. I would think that because the MVMCP will be going on that at least MK will be fully decorated for the season. You could check out the monorail resorts, but not sure if they will be decorated yet.

**One more thing unrelated but has anyone had luck getting Fast Passes for Pandora 30 days out? Are the lines still long? We were not able to get Fast passes for it back during the Spring.

We are going 11.14.18 and couldn't get FOP 60 days out. So disappointed. We will just get there before RD and hope for the best!

The difference at MK is seeing the castle draped in icicles, seeing it at night is magical. Plus all the other decorations down main st. You could hit the park on a non party night and not spend the money on the party. The processional is at Epoct, but it doesn't start until after thanksgiving. Epcot does have festivals around the world - but that too doesn't start until after your visit. I think you are hitting it at a transition time where they will be done with the halloween events and they will be gearing up for the Christmas holidays. I would think that because the MVMCP will be going on that at least MK will be fully decorated for the season. You could check out the monorail resorts, but not sure if they will be decorated yet.
Thank you for the reply. I’m so disappointed about missing Festivals around the World at Epcot. :( I’m going to sit down and discuss this with my family. We want to limit the days my son misses from school. The only other option would be Thanksgiving week. Thanks again..

We are going 11.14.18 and couldn't get FOP 60 days out. So disappointed. We will just get there before RD and hope for the best!
:( Sorry you were not able to get fast passes. Hope you are able to ride without a long wait. Thanks for the reply.

Out of curiosity how do
You have 2 days remaining on your tickets? Most expire 14 days after first use!

We have
Out of curiosity how do
You have 2 days remaining on your tickets? Most expire 14 days after first use!
We have military tickets. We must use them by December 20th. The base told us that we did not have to use them all at once. Plus the remaining days are still listed as park days remaining in our Disney account.

Thank you for the reply. I’m so disappointed about missing Festivals around the World at Epcot. :( I’m going to sit down and discuss this with my family. We want to limit the days my son misses from school. The only other option would be Thanksgiving week. Thanks again..

Hollywood Studios Christmas shows will be going by then. You can see Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam and the Sunset Blvd continuous show that includes snow. So you'll need a night at MK and a night at HS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!