Hollywood Studios Handprints Replaced

The poster that started that thread ended up sending me the photo after the thread was closed.

Interesting that they have molds of the hand prints and replace them as they crack.
It’s nice that they are enough to do so too. I’ve always loved that courtyard area

I think the other details in this article is interesting, they say it is still scheduled tomorrow in Fall of this year, which is in direct contradiction to the rumor of it being delayed until 2020.

I think the other details in this article is interesting, they say it is still scheduled tomorrow in Fall of this year, which is in direct contradiction to the rumor of it being delayed until 2020.
Disney still says Fall of 2019 yes. As we know though that’s a wide range and delays have happened before with attractions.

Wait, what? Someone freaked out that they molds were being removed......and they weren't? Say it ain't so.

Wait, what? Someone freaked out that they molds were being removed......and they weren't? Say it ain't so.
No, they were freaked out because the handprints were cut up, they didn't know that Disney has molds to recreate casts of all of the handprints. To be honest, I didn't know that either.

I would be fine with all of the hand prints going away. Many of the actors are no longer relevant/living. And with the change in theme of the ride, what is the point? The area actually looks a bit run down.

I would be fine with all of the hand prints going away. Many of the actors are no longer relevant/living. And with the change in theme of the ride, what is the point? The area actually looks a bit run down.
Theming is the point of the handprints, the outside is still the Chinese Theater, which has the handprints, so still relevant to have them there.

As for looking run down, I am sure that is why they are replacing the handprints with freshly minted ones from the molds to fix that issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter