Hollywood Studios help - Saturday?

Nana2Callie

DIS Veteran
We will be visiting 10.11 thru 10.17 and it seems that HS is booked for all of those days except 10.17. We are considering making it our last park - but have heard it is a busy park on Saturday's. What do you think? I wondered since the park is showing so busy the week prior - that maybe everyone has come and gone LOL making the 17th a little lighter.

I think going on your last day and it being a saturday is just fine.
I read another post on another thread that made a lot of sense.
Hollywood Studios is busy almost every single day, it's the smallest park and doesn't field crowds as well or have as big of a capacity.
Whereas, the other three parks are busier on weekends compared to weekdays.

so keeping DHS on saturday actually makes a lot of sense because if you were to change it to say wednesday, you would still have a busy DHS day on wednesday too
and vise versa the park that you would switch from wednesday to saturday would go from being relatively lower to now pretty crowded.

we went our last park day and the only reason why i maybe WOULDN'T recommend it was because of Rise. Luckily, we got a BG just fine. But the others' in our party had asked if we could switch days when we were in the planning process so that if we went to DHS first, didn't get Rise that we could try again at a later date in our trip.
(We also had read whether it was true or not that if you make a big enough stink about not getting Rise and other parks have availability that they would at least give you an option to switch reservations and go to another park that day instead of having a wasted day).

You can manage a Sat but, I would recommend hitting the park as soon as it opens. Have a great time!

I initially couldn't book DHS for any day that week, but I kept trying and got it for my birthday on the 15th! I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I initially tried multiple times on my computer and couldn't get it, but when I tried through My Disney Experience on my phone, I was able to book it.

We will be visiting 10.11 thru 10.17 and it seems that HS is booked for all of those days except 10.17. We are considering making it our last park - but have heard it is a busy park on Saturday's. What do you think? I wondered since the park is showing so busy the week prior - that maybe everyone has come and gone LOL making the 17th a little lighter.
I'm looking to drop a HS day that week. Do you want to see if we can coordinate the drop privately?

Park pass availability does not always match the calendar. We have booked many parks which showed unavailable by checking multiple times over several days leading up to the trip. Not 100%, but our success rate has been pretty close!

Just make you get there as early as humanly possible. If you’re taking the bus, take the first bus. If you’re driving, be at the parking lot gate over an hour early.

(We also had read whether it was true or not that if you make a big enough stink about not getting Rise and other parks have availability that they would at least give you an option to switch reservations and go to another park that day instead of having a wasted day).
This is ‘a thing’ or is it pixie dust? Are you talking calling or stopping at GS?

I’m not the type to make a big stink, always cringe when I see the CM getting berated by park guests :confused3 Still, booked a2nd day there, wherein I’d love to be able to safely have a CM swap it out If possible

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!