Hollywood Studios in May...

We never spend more than 1/2 a day at DS.

We start at rope drop and ride:
TSM
ToT
ST
VoLM
Muppets

Then we eat at Sci-FI around noon and then we are out of there.

IMHO, it is all about the shows. There are not enough rides to make it a full day park. If rides is your focus, assume you will leave early. The shows however are time eaters and can easily take the entire day if you consider them to be as much of the experience as the rides. My daughter's priorities are Rides > Characters > Shows. Any more than 1 show would start to get grumbling and therefore for us, I do not consider DHS more than a 1/2 to 3/4 day experience. Pre daughter, I could spend a full day at DHS.

We only stay a half day mainly because we don't like the quick service meal choices there. This year we are going
to try walking to Epcot for lunch. I've been to Disney 4 times and never knew we could do this. :idea:

We're doing three visits to HS on our upcoming trip. We're doing the SW dessert party. If we can FP something before it day of, we'll ride that. If we can ride things after, we'll try them, but the main focus is the party and meet & greets.

Second day is EMH and we're making that our Toy Story day. Since this visit will be after it opens, we're leaving this date totally flexible and open as needed.

Third visit is our Star Wars focus. We have a PPO and will do JTA and all things SW. But we plan on being back at the resort by early afternoon both of those days.

Last time we went, the kids weren't big enough for the big rides so we did SW, JTA and the Indiana Jones show (which was so stinkin fantastic.) This time, I plan on adding in more shows, at least one a visit.

IMHO, it is all about the shows. There are not enough rides to make it a full day park. If rides is your focus, assume you will leave early. The shows however are time eaters and can easily take the entire day if you consider them to be as much of the experience as the rides. My daughter's priorities are Rides > Characters > Shows. Any more than 1 show would start to get grumbling and therefore for us, I do not consider DHS more than a 1/2 to 3/4 day experience. Pre daughter, I could spend a full day at DHS.

This will be my third trip to HS. I am still wondering if I will be able to fit in the Indiana Jones show. I have yet to see it. I would really like to say I have done it.

:rotfl2:
My first trip to WDW was 2011 and I think we spent the day there, but even then we didn't ride everything. Second trip was last year and we still didn't ride everything since we did all 4 parks with 2 day park hopper passes. This trip will be my third and I still can't see myself spending a whole day there depending on wait times.

yes, we may try doing that and come back for fantasmic or the fireworks. I figured if we can fit in the 2 main rides we want to do we will be satisfied.... gives us more time to spend in the other parks. I highly doubt we will get to everything at MK in one day so going back there we could knock out whatever we missed on our MK day.

Yeah I have noticed that as well. Also the toy story closures and all of that being up in the air until TSL opens. I don't think we will be too heartbroken over missing most things.. Our top 2 would be TOT and TSM. I remember going to the Beauty and the Beast live show on my first trip to WDW. I hadn't considered doing the Frozen show though, maybe we will consider doing that. No one in our group is big on frozen (i think we all think it's a little overrated honestly.... can't believe how popular it is) but we are doing the Frozen ride at Epcot this year.
We LOVED the Frozen Sing Along....big surprise...we LIKED the Frozen ride at Epcot...and I am not a big Frozen fan either, but who can resist Olaf??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter