Hollywood Studios morning plan with 1 and 6 year old

DWeav

Mouseketeer
Obviously it's going to be tough taking a 1 year old boy to Disney, but trying to get a feel on planning the mornings at each park. I figure the mornings will be heavily planned, afternoon breaks at resorts and slightly a little more freestyle after the break (with some key planned rides/shows/characters). We'll have our 14 month old boy and our 6 year old daughter. We'll be doing 2 days at Hollywood Studious (10 park days)

Any who...say if we arrive at rope drop at Hollywood Studious for a 9 AM opening (this is a Monday morning, early in June, before Toy Story Land opens):

9:00 AM: BB8 Meet and Greet
9:20 AM: Fastpass Toy Story Mania
9:40 AM: Catch the Disney Jr show
10:30 AM: Fastpass the 10:30 AM showing of the Frozen show
11:15 AM: Fastpass Star Tours for me and 6 year old, by this time 1 year old will need diaper break I'm sure. If he's still happy, Mommy and son will do Olaf meet and greet while we're at Star Tours.

I know some might say to rope drop Toy Story Mania, but with a 1 year old, our time is limited as there are many meet and greets/shows to do instead of ride-ride-ride. So we'll be going with the anticipation of only doing Toy Story Mania once a day (unless a 4th miraculous fastpass shows up or we do it late again, the night we're not doing Fantasmic. So we figure to use the rope drop time to hit someone a lot less busy (zag instead of zig with the crowd).

The biggest stretch of my plan is obviously trying to get BB8 and Toy Story Mania in and still being able to catch the 9:40 AM Disney Jr show. We're pretty fit and can move pretty quickly, even with a stroller. Does this stretch seem logical or too tight?

My concern is that there may not be any FP available for TSM prior to the new land opening. As of now, no one seems to know for sure about June, but it seems unlikely.

You could certainly meet characters between park open and the 9:40 Disney Jr show, but you should either plan to do TSM right at rope drop or be ok with not riding it at all on this trip if standby won't work for your family.

Obviously it's going to be tough taking a 1 year old boy to Disney, but trying to get a feel on planning the mornings at each park. I figure the mornings will be heavily planned, afternoon breaks at resorts and slightly a little more freestyle after the break (with some key planned rides/shows/characters). We'll have our 14 month old boy and our 6 year old daughter. We'll be doing 2 days at Hollywood Studious (10 park days)

Any who...say if we arrive at rope drop at Hollywood Studious for a 9 AM opening (this is a Monday morning, early in June, before Toy Story Land opens):

11:15 AM: Fastpass Star Tours for me and 6 year old, by this time 1 year old will need diaper break I'm sure. If he's still happy, Mommy and son will do Olaf meet and greet while we're at Star Tours.

I know some might say to rope drop Toy Story Mania, but with a 1 year old, our time is limited as there are many meet and greets/shows to do instead of ride-ride-ride. So we'll be going with the anticipation of only doing Toy Story Mania once a day (unless a 4th miraculous fastpass shows up or we do it late again, the night we're not doing Fantasmic. So we figure to use the rope drop time to hit someone a lot less busy (zag instead of zig with the crowd).

The biggest stretch of my plan is obviously trying to get BB8 and Toy Story Mania in and still being able to catch the 9:40 AM Disney Jr show. We're pretty fit and can move pretty quickly, even with a stroller. Does this stretch seem logical or too tight?
In early June, Toy Story Mania is Standby-only. It’s been confirmed by guests booking their Club Level 90-day out FPS that TSM is open but no FPs.

You’ll have to re-work your schedule, but, either way, you’ll have to factor in long Standby waits for TSM.

I took my 10 month old son and while I know there’s a big difference between 14 and 10 months, we found HS to be most challenging. We had a PPO at H&V and my then 4 year old daughter and I booked it out early to sign her up for Jedi training. My little one enjoyed the breakfast quite a bit though if that’s an option for you.

We were there in May and found HS to be the most sun intense park - it just seemed as if there was no shade to be found.

We’re going back in October and he will be 4 - looking forward to HS much more this time around!

I took my 10 month old son and while I know there’s a big difference between 14 and 10 months, we found HS to be most challenging. We had a PPO at H&V and my then 4 year old daughter and I booked it out early to sign her up for Jedi training. My little one enjoyed the breakfast quite a bit though if that’s an option for you.

We were there in May and found HS to be the most sun intense park - it just seemed as if there was no shade to be found.

We’re going back in October and he will be 4 - looking forward to HS much more this time around!

Thanks for the tips!

I think your plan to RD TSM would be the way to go, I haven't RD HS in forever but I think they let guests onto Hollywood Blvd 30 min prior to opening, maybe someone can help on that since it's been a while. I think having Frozen be your first FP+ of the morning and add a FP+ after lunch and go from there with your breaks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!