Hollywood Studio's new name

Only the "Cinemagic/Cineimagine" names are tolerable. The rest are frankly disasters...if this is the best Disney's got than I may just skip DHS for years to come.

I'm throwing in another vote for Hollywood Adventure. At least it follows a pattern of previous park names.

ETA: For those suggesting Hollywoodland, they may not be able to. The original sign was put up by a housing development company to advertise their new houses. I am not sure at what point the sign became an official landmark, and who precisely owns the rights to anything related to the sign. In other words, the Hollywood sign is almost certainly public domain, but Hollywoodland might not be.

Last edited:
Like others here, my gut reaction is that this is a hoax. Not only are ALL of the names horrible, but...
  • I can't imagine that there are THAT many options in play
  • Each option is listed as "Disney" and not "Disney's" (possessive)
  • Each option ends with "Park" which doesn't give it a grand feel.

i wouldn't rule out a name change getting rid of the possessive "disney's", since DCA changed from "disney's california adventure" to just "disney california adventure", but honestly the names by themselves are what makes it feel bogus

ETA: For those suggesting Hollywoodland, they may not be able to. The original sign was put up by a housing development company to advertise their new houses. I am not sure at what point the sign became an official landmark, and who precisely owns the rights to anything related to the sign. In other words, the Hollywood sign is almost certainly public domain, but Hollywoodland might not be.

disney already has a section called hollywood land in DCA right now, so i'm pretty sure it's public domain. hollywood adventure would probably be the most likely choice regardless though

I think we're getting trolled. These are all terrible. :crazy2:

I agree with the PP who were expecting Disney Florida Adventure, to sort of "match up" with California Adventure on the west coast since these two parks are similar. That makes the most sense to me. :confused3 And I get them wanting to drop the "studio" part of the name since the park hasn't been a working studio for years now...
Like others here, my gut reaction is that this is a hoax. Not only are ALL of the names horrible, but...
  • I can't imagine that there are THAT many options in play
  • Each option is listed as "Disney" and not "Disney's" (possessive)
  • Each option ends with "Park" which doesn't give it a grand feel.
The part I bolded actually doesn't surprise me since California Adventure is now Disney California Adventure, not Disney's California Adventure (dumb change IMO, I think it sounds clunky and weird!). I thought I heard they were also dropping the " 's " from Animal Kingdom too but it doesn't reflect that on the WDW website (still listed as "Disney's Animal Kingdom").

I still think that Hollywood is something they want to get away from. The Hollywood theme (and the rest of that park's theme) is mostly gone. It doesn't fit the vision of the park anymore.

I joke with my wife that the new name is Disney Toy Wars Studios.

In reality, I would prefer to see something like Disney's Cinematic Experience or Disney's Cinematic Adventures or something equally simple but descriptive of the experience. None of the options presented were fitting. Cutesy mashup names, names that don't fit at all.

In the end, it's a minor thing that most of us will rarely use anyways, as we'll use the shortened initials. I'm not sure I ever say Disney's Hollywood Studios. Maybe just Studios. Usually just DHS.

If they're moving away from "hollywood:"

Disney Movieland
Disney Movie Kingdom
Disney Movie Adventure
Disney Movieverse Adventure Kingdom Park

there's definitely still a "hollywood" theme -- hollywood boulevard and sunset boulevard are staying for the time being, and the chinese theatre remains as the facade for runaway railway. don't quote me on this but i think the concept they stated at D23 is that you're immersed into different "lands", whether that be star wars, toy story, hollywood of the past, or los angeles of the present

basically they could just name it disney's studios of adventure

I think we're getting trolled. These are all terrible. :crazy2:

I agree with the PP who were expecting Disney Florida Adventure, to sort of "match up" with California Adventure on the west coast since these two parks are similar. That makes the most sense to me. :confused3 And I get them wanting to drop the "studio" part of the name since the park hasn't been a working studio for years now...

The part I bolded actually doesn't surprise me since California Adventure is now Disney California Adventure, not Disney's California Adventure (dumb change IMO, I think it sounds clunky and weird!). I thought I heard they were also dropping the " 's " from Animal Kingdom too but it doesn't reflect that on the WDW website (still listed as "Disney's Animal Kingdom").

They also changed the sign on the Magic Kingdom from "The Magic Kingdom" to just "Magic Kingdom" citing that no other parks had "The" in front of them - so obviously they are not above making small changes to keep things consistent

70% of these names wouldn't even make it onto the board in an initial brainstorming session, much less be serious enough candidates to ask the public for feedback. Whenever you take a survey or are part of a focus group about future products, you have to agree to a NDA which usually specifies potential legal action against you if you release information about the concepts you are about to see. Most of the names on this list strike me as planted names to try to pinpoint someone who is leaking information from a confidential survey. As in give two or three names they actually want opinions about, and give each survey participant a unique set of other bogus names so that if the info is leaked they would know who did it.

Disney was probably none too pleased when their Star Wars resort idea was leaked from a similar concept survey.

• Disney Hyperia Park
Guess the guy who came up with Hyperian Warf is still running around? Give up on the "Hyperia" already

Hyperian is used in reference to the first Disney Studio which was located on Hyperian Avenue. Disney also has a publishing company under that name.

Hyperian is used in reference to the first Disney Studio which was located on Hyperian Avenue. Disney also has a publishing company under that name.

yes, but it is odd that the option is "Hyperia" and not "Hyperian" ... at one point what is now Disney Springs was going to be called "Hyperian Warf" - so they are ok with that form of the word ... never seen anything as "Hyperia" though

For all those liking something with "Adventure" in it (Hollywood Adventure, Movie Adventure, Florida Adventure, etc), I don't know if Disney would go that route with Universal's Islands of Adventure a few exits up I-4.

How about: Disney-Lucas-Pixar Studios
We could call it DLP to harken back to our days of calling the park by a 3 letter abbreviation. Sure, some might confuse it with Disneyland Paris, but not many.

Or maybe: Disney's Hollywood-East Thing Failed, So Here is Some Random Stuff Studios?

70% of these names wouldn't even make it onto the board in an initial brainstorming session, much less be serious enough candidates to ask the public for feedback. Whenever you take a survey or are part of a focus group about future products, you have to agree to a NDA which usually specifies potential legal action against you if you release information about the concepts you are about to see. Most of the names on this list strike me as planted names to try to pinpoint someone who is leaking information from a confidential survey. As in give two or three names they actually want opinions about, and give each survey participant a unique set of other bogus names so that if the info is leaked they would know who did it.

Disney was probably none too pleased when their Star Wars resort idea was leaked from a similar concept survey.

I was totally on the theory that this whole story is fake, shared with someone with big enough audience to create viral and have a chuckle. Mostly because the names are so horribly bad.

But I so like your theory so much better. After D23, it was so frustrating that so many things got leaked (basically everything) prior and the WOW was taken out of the entire event. I felt like they need to find the person who is leaking all this to certain "unnamed" sources and fire them. THIS could be a way to begin the process of getting rid of leaks in different places, including an in-house focus group.

This would be the best scenario ever!

If I absolutely had to pick something off that list and maybe tweak it a little bit I would go with Cinemagic Adventure
It's not so much a "park" anymore, once the lands are completed, but a completely immersive environment; an adventure into movies if you will

They also changed the sign on the Magic Kingdom from "The Magic Kingdom" to just "Magic Kingdom" citing that no other parks had "The" in front of them - so obviously they are not above making small changes to keep things consistent
Well I had always been pretty offended by the "The" and how inconsistent that was, I don't know about you........... ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter