Hollywood Studio's new name

I hope they drop the "Hollywood" - the park as a whole has nothing to do with Hollywood.

I hope they drop the "Hollywood" - the park as a whole has nothing to do with Hollywood.
So the main streets, Hollywood Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard, The "Hollywood" Brown Derby, Echo Lake (based on the real location in LA), The "Hollywood" Tower Hotel and the Chinese Theatre have nothing to do with Hollywood?

That has always been the best part, in my opinion, of MGM/Hollywood Studios - the "old time" Hollywood look and feel of the front part of the park (especially all the neon at night).

I would think they would keep the theming of the front of the park since it is so elaborate. (Though the Echo Lake area may see the boot .. i doubt Indiana Jones (or even Star Tours) will live long after the two new lands are done).

So the main streets, Hollywood Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard, The "Hollywood" Brown Derby, Echo Lake (based on the real location in LA), The "Hollywood" Tower Hotel and the Chinese Theatre have nothing to do with Hollywood?

That has always been the best part, in my opinion, of MGM/Hollywood Studios - the "old time" Hollywood look and feel of the front part of the park (especially all the neon at night).

I would think they would keep the theming of the front of the park since it is so elaborate. (Though the Echo Lake area may see the boot .. i doubt Indiana Jones (or even Star Tours) will live long after the two new lands are done).

I agree that from ST to IJ, a gut is likely and something new ... but I have high hopes Echo Lake can stay because it's a natural and great transition to something new.

not to mention the Muppets courtyard/Grand Park area is themed to be in the Los Angeles area

not to mention the Muppets courtyard/Grand Park area is themed to be in the Los Angeles area
Right .. because of that new Grand Avenue area I wonder what is going to happen to the Sci-Fi Drive-in, ABC Commissary and the old Drew Carey Sound Stage (which is used for what now? - When I was last there they were showing Star Wars clips, but the theatre was in disrepair). That whole "back alley". area from the Great Movie Ride to Star Tours has always been this weird, narrow, dark passage.

Anyway, all the Hollywood theming up front and the new Grand Avenue area makes me think "Hollywood" would/should stay. Not sure why they would change that part of it.

I hope the look of grand avenue carries on throughout the rest of the park as they work on it all. To me it does give it a classy look

. That whole "back alley". area from the Great Movie Ride to Star Tours has always been this weird, narrow, dark passage.

Anyway, all the Hollywood theming up front and the new Grand Avenue area makes me think "Hollywood" would/should stay. Not sure why they would change that part of it.

You mean Commissary Lane?for whatever reason that street has always been one of my favorite areas at any of the parks,why,I have no idea but I always feel comfortable there.

For those suggesting Hollywoodland, they may not be able to. The original sign was put up by a housing development company to advertise their new houses. I am not sure at what point the sign became an official landmark, and who precisely owns the rights to anything related to the sign. In other words, the Hollywood sign is almost certainly public domain, but Hollywoodland might not be.

kr0FNmh.jpg

YEa I'm not a big fan of any of those names either,b ut if I had to pick one it woudl be Hyperia Park. PErsonally i'd tweak it a bit and call it Hyperion Park. Think it sounds good and references teh Hyperion Theatre where they premier a lot of their films. This gives it a frame of reference for being a park about movies. In the past being abou making them and now being about entering their worlds.

Cinemagic is the name of a franchise of movie theaters in my region of the US. I'm guessing it's not copyrighted (or whatever they call it) if they are considering it for a name at WDW? But then what happens if they use it at WDW?

I think the Hollywood aspect can stay, half the park is still heavily themed to look like "The Dream of Hollywood"/Hollywoodland.

I have to believe Hollywood in some form will be part of the name. Martin at WDWmagic.com has named dropped DHA so Hollywood Adventure could be the target.

If you look at what the focus is, which is going INTO the movies, I could see Hollywood adventure or Hollywood Experience being the name.

I have to believe Hollywood in some form will be part of the name. Martin at WDWmagic.com has named dropped DHA so Hollywood Adventure could be the target.

If you look at what the focus is, which is going INTO the movies, I could see Hollywood adventure or Hollywood Experience being the name.

I still think it will wind up being Disney Hollywood Adventure ... and this poll was just so people feel really positive about that name as it is vastly superior to any of the names in the poll

To me, not so much about going into the movies themselves, but rather an opportunity to be immersed in the theme of the movies. Subtle, but important distinction I think. That's why I don't think Hollywood (synonymous with the production of the actual movie) makes sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter