Hollywood Studio's new name

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by cvaska, Aug 26, 2017.

1. maverik85

maverik85 Mouseketeer

I think the Hollywood part of the title is ok, as the park is still based around movies and a good part of it is made to look like parts of Hollywood. It's the production side they are getting away from which is why the definitely need to drop the 'Studios' portion of the name. Hollywood I think is still alright as it invokes the feel of movies in general not jsut the produciton of them, whereas the word studio seems to point directly at production.
    Overall if they went with Hollywood Adventure I think that would be an alright name as well.

PollyannaMom likes this.
  2. Runnsally

Runnsally Mouseketeer

From a marketing standpoint, moving from DHS to DHA doesn't have a lot of punch.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Mickey's Best Girl

Mickey's Best Girl Magic, mayhem and shenanigans ahoy.

Jeepers these proposed name changes are bad!

I'm hoping the names were "leaked"on purpose in order to get public feedback and possibly some new ideas from said feedback.

I will continue to call the park MGM until a new name sticks for 6+ years.

PollyannaMom likes this.
  5. SeerPumpkin

SeerPumpkin Earning My Ears

The only one I'd be ok with is Disney Hyperia Park... but perhaps Disney Hyperion Park would be a better suit?

6. Bob Dolewhip

Bob Dolewhip DIS Veteran

I have a special place in my heart for all that retro golden age of Hollywood theming. I hope they keep at least the front part of the park that way.

7. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

They will.

8. kmb584

kmb584 DIS Veteran

The suggested names are awful. Kaleidoscope Park? XL Park? Beyond Park? Not a single one on this list makes sense or sounds "right". :crazy2:

PollyannaMom likes this.
  9. Q-man

Q-man DIS Veteran

Is it really that hard to figure out changing just the one word- Studios to Adventure?

Disney's Hollywood Adventure

ImagiNations would work for me too.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  10. Lee Matthews

Lee Matthews DIS Veteran

I think Disney would prefer to use Hollywood Aventure but if they do will be considered 'lazy'

Can they really not call it Florida Aventure

11. Nancyg56

Nancyg56 DIS Veteran

Ugh, I dont like any of them.

I just started remembering it is DHS. I will never keep up!

PollyannaMom likes this.
  12. Planogirl

Planogirl I feel the nerd in me stirring

They wouldn't have to keep the word Disney in the name. After all the other WDW parks don't include it.

Just Hollywood Adventures? It sounds dull with or without the Disney name.

13. PollyannaMom

PollyannaMom I was a click-clack champ!!

As cool as that sounds, I think people would get it confused with World Showcase at Epcot.

The more I think about it, the more I like Disney's Hollywood Adventure.

14. NOP

NOP Earning My Ears

Disney's Hollywood adventure is my guess.

15. maverik85

maverik85 Mouseketeer

It could cause some confusion when talking about things but don't think it'd be too bad, but still best to differentiate more. However I do really like the name ImagiNations and think it'd be great as the name for a new interactive game around World Showcase featuring Figment.

PollyannaMom and TheMaxRebo like this.
  16. DOOM1001

DOOM1001 DIS Veteran

Disney's Hollywoodland,Disney's Hollywood Adventure sounds like a rip off of Universals Islands of Adventure,there's also Wild Adventures in Valdosta Georgia,my point is that putting that "Adventure" in a theme park name is a been there,done that 1990's-2000's thing,I would be disappointed if they chose that.At least Hollywoodland gives it a bit of a throwback while still opening up the ability to include anything showbiz related to the park and dropping the studios.All those names they released are or better be fake!

17. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

Disney has Disney California Adventure...

18. PuppyJonathan

PuppyJonathan DIS Veteran

When I was little I used to daydream about Florida adventure. California adventure to me was really unique back when I visited in 2003 since it was unlike any Disney park. Years later I found out why. Compared to normal amusement parks it was still better but for a Disney park? No. It was just interesting that Disney had one that low on the theme park scale if that makes any sense

rteetz likes this.
  19. maverik85

maverik85 Mouseketeer

California Adventure opened in 2001 though so still falls into that 90's-early 00's range as mentioned though. And given how much the park has changed I do wonder if they will eventually change the name of the park. It fits it before with all teh areas themed to California, now with Cars Land, Pixar Pier coming, Marvel taking over Hollywood, Little Mermaid, and Bug's Land it is changing greatly from that. And I'm sure the changes wont stop there. It really doesn't ahve much more Cali theme left.

I do think Hollywoodland sounds alright for the new name of Hollywood Studios as well.

20. closetmickey

closetmickey DIS Veteran

California Adventure is still, hands down, my favorite Disney park. So relaxing, so charming, so much fun with an ever growing diversity of rides. I must be a born and raised Californian.:flower1:

BlackMagicWoman likes this.
  21. STLstone

STLstone DIS Veteran

I'm not totally brushed up on California Adventure's history, but isn't the park a whole lot different today than it was in 2003. Cars Land is a very worthwhile experience and it was not there in 2003.

closetmickey likes this.