Hollywood Studios Quick Service Options

Kevin1281

Mouseketeer
So are the quick service options at Hollywood Studios really that awful?

I have read many threads about favorite QS in each park, and a good portion of the posters say that they won't even eat QS there. We are not food snobs in any way, so I'm thinking we are going to be alright with our one (possibly two) QS meals we will have there on our trip. I just find it interesting, and a little concerning, that so many people say they won't eat there unless it is for table service...and some say they won't even do that.

They're not all bad, it's just that none of them are anything really great or standout. The other parks have at least 1-2 places that are a little more unique or better themed than what's available at HS for QS.

I also think the expectations are fairly high. If I go to my local theme park they offer similar food (actually ABC Commissary is probably nicer than anything at my local theme park), and pricing is the same (or more) than what Disney is charging for a comparable meal. A chicken tender meal at my local theme park is around $12, plus the cost of a drink. The choices are pretty standard, and only 2 locations (ABC Commissary and Backlot Express) offer air conditioning. We've had perfectly good meals at HS, we just don't approach it looking for a gourmet experience.

I myself do not have high expectations when it comes to HS and it's restaurants whether it's a CS or a TS. I'm just plain and simply disappointed. In my opinion they are just awful. That is my opinion and I'm staying with it. I will not argue with someone who likes the restaurants at this park. We all have different tastes and different opinions and I'll respect those who like it here. But I will not eat at HS. I always have a breakfast on the Boardwalk, have a snack during the day (though I'm disappointed my two favorites in Writer's Stop & Starring Rolls Cafe are now gone) and then head back to the Boardwalk and enjoy a dinner there and then often head back for the evening.

We only ate at one QS at HS recently and it was PizzeRizzo which apparently isn't even open anymore. We are also not food snobs in any way shape or form and honestly I think it is pointless to spend a ton of money on food (at Disney or not) because it is just food but I agree with the person above who said that it's not that it is bad it just isn't different. It is your typical burgers and chicken. Would I leave the park just to avoid eating QS there? No, but would I plan my trip around eating at a specific QS there? Also no.

We only ate at one QS at HS recently and it was PizzeRizzo which apparently isn't even open anymore.
I miss PizzaRizzo (or as I liked to call it, the Pizza Rat!). I know they are bringing it back for a short stint, but I hope it comes back full time at some point. It was definitely my favorite QS at HS

I miss PizzaRizzo (or as I liked to call it, the Pizza Rat!). I know they are bringing it back for a short stint, but I hope it comes back full time at some point. It was definitely my favorite QS at HS
We liked PizzeRizzo last Summer. We are in the small minority on that. But, we liked it and it is also air conditioned. I hope it is open again this Summer for us. We had a nice relaxing late dinner at the Backlot and the food was good.

In a recent episode of the "Walt Loved..." podcast, they covered the best options of what to eat in at DHS. They seemed to outline a fair number of options if you HAVE to eat there. I listened to it while I was driving, and I now I need to listen to it again while not driving to make notes.

I like backlot express. Fun theming and free refills for soda if you get a drink. It’s not spectacular but it’s fun and we always make it there at least once per trip.

I have not had a terrible CS meal in Hs, just never above average at best.
Not a big fan of the commissary, reminds me of a school caffeteria. Food was average.
Backlot was probably the best, but that isn't saying much.
Have not tried Woodys Lunchbox yet.

Woody's Lunchbox is now our favorite QS at DHS, hands down. We didn't like any of the other options really previously. Not that they were bad per se, but as PPs have said, nothing special or different than standard theme park fare really.

We like the food at the Commissary, its just that its always so hard to get a seat! We must go at the wrong times.

None of the options are great. It's standard theme park food. We ate at Backlot Express last week and I ended up with a Cuban sandwich, which was fine. Chicken and waffles are definitely gone.

Woody's Lunchbox is by far the best QS in HS. But I usually prefer to have a salad at the Brown Derby Lounge instead. I have TIW, so a salad and soft drink costs about what a QS meal costs at the other places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter