Hollywood v. Epcot- WWYD

Deeva007

Earning My Ears
TRaveling in Jan for 6 nights with my 3 and 6 year old. Planning on 2 days MK, 1 AK, 1 Down Day and 1 either Epcot or HS, with our last day at bon voyage breakfast and pool/springs before we leave for the airport at around 4....

Cant decide between Epcot or HS-- which would you choose?

If I am able to get another park day ticket - I could do both parks but would you use it on the down day (5 straight days of parks!) or the last day before we leave for the airport (1/2 a day)?

I would pick Epcot since you have 2 young children.

Epcot attractions with no height requirements:
  • Turtle Talk with Crush
  • The Seas with Nemo and Friends
  • Frozen Ever After
  • Spaceship Earth
  • Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival
  • Living With the Land
  • Journey into the Imagination with Figment
  • Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros
  • The American Adventure
Rides with height requirements that your 6 year old might be able to ride:
  • Test Track : 40"
  • Soarin' : 40"
  • Mission Space: 44"

If they like Star Wars then HS might be best. My 8yo says it's his favorite park.

I would without question use the down day so that I could do both parks. Each has a lot to offer and each is quite unique.

TRaveling in Jan for 6 nights with my 3 and 6 year old. Planning on 2 days MK, 1 AK, 1 Down Day and 1 either Epcot or HS, with our last day at bon voyage breakfast and pool/springs before we leave for the airport at around 4....

Cant decide between Epcot or HS-- which would you choose?

If I am able to get another park day ticket - I could do both parks but would you use it on the down day (5 straight days of parks!) or the last day before we leave for the airport (1/2 a day)?

Both have some fun things for them, and both could be half day parks with their ages if you are not doing the big rides, if you wanted to do one on down day - could sleep in/do pool and go later, or do till early afternoon, then pool/nap/early evening. Or since doing Bon Voyage brft on last day, could go into Epcot right from there (depending on brft time). Do you have FP yet for your other planned days? That would be the only tricky part of planning these other days, to get FP for things you want at the right time of day.

If your Bon Voyage is PPO( prepark opening), you could head right to Frozen first thing if no FP(harder to get this close), then go over to Future World for some of the rides mentioned by PP. Turtle Talk and Nemo in the Seas are great, and you can see dolphins, fish, and manatees:lovestruc. Even w/o FP, they are not usually long waits. Pixar Shorts are movies they can watch in a theater, and Living with the Land is a boat ride through gardens next to Soarin. There is also a good QS place, Sunshine Seasons there would you could grab lunch. Or if on down day/sleep in, could try for later FP, and do FW first, then do Frozen later(if FP or wanted to get in line at end of night).

HS has Toy Story Mania, Frozen and Beauty & Beast shows (also Indiana Jones Stunt show which my DD had loved since she was 5 if yours are into adventure), Disney Junior show, Muppets 3D, and Voyage of the Little Mermaid. Also only place you can meet Olaf. We love Toy Story Mania, and like to get there at RD to do it, and get a FP to do it again later. If you want to do a few of the shows, meet Olaf, and do LM/Muppets, could do by early afternoon, and then head out. To do more there, you'd need a whole day. Lots of SW as well, if anyone is into that, as mentioned above.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!