Holy Price Increase!

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
Now, to be fair I haven't priced Discovery Cove in awhile, but I was shocked at the prices! $310 for a single day at DC with dolphin swim?! When did prices go up so high?

And doesn't that include admission to Sea World and Aquatica, also? At least it did with what we bought - if you take advantage of that it actually isn't so bad (relatively speaking).

I loved our 1st visit to DC a few years ago. We went this past year and weren't as happy. The food was kind of lousy and they had removed many of the hammocks along the beach.

And doesn't that include admission to Sea World and Aquatica, also? At least it did with what we bought - if you take advantage of that it actually isn't so bad (relatively speaking).

No my price was DC only. That said, I think it's only $20-25 to add on the extra parks.

my price INCLUDED 7 day of SW and AQ ....... and if you have the time this is a GREAT deal. If you use HALF the SW/AQ days you are getting DC for free!

my price INCLUDED 7 day of SW and AQ ....... and if you have the time this is a GREAT deal. If you use HALF the SW/AQ days you are getting DC for free!

Yes, definitely, I agree. The value is definitely in using the other parks. We're just probably only going to have one day unfortunately.

Wow...would love to go but that is just too much for our fam

Same. It kinda breaks my heart - our daughter has always wanted to swim with dolphins, but we just absolutely can't afford it. I mean, it's more expensive than Disney - and that's saying something 🤣

I thought I read somewhere that their prices were based on demand. So once they sell a set number of tickets the price goes up. So maybe there are a handful of people that already bought tickets that day and that’s why it jumped for your dates from $250?

If you take advantage of the Sea World, Aquatica, and possibly Busch Gardens tickets for even a few days, it is definitely cheaper than Disney by quite a lot. I did DC, Aquatica, BG, and 2 days SW, and it came to about $50/day. That includes free parking (unlike Disney) and all food at DC... really that's pretty darn good. But just 1 day at DC is an expensive proposition.

There's a sale right now for Black Friday. Recheck the prices for your dates. :)

Definitely helps for Discovery Cove. Brought it down to I think $250 pp (with dolphin swim, single day). I was so excited when I first saw the Sea World deals, but they all have to be used by end of January, which really sucks for those of us planning a trip after that. Looks like Sea World parks won't be on our to do list.

I just checked for next year and saw $20 in nonsense fees - a "resort fee" and "service charge" - $10 each! For WHAT? Is this something new? Does it get you anything? When I last booked a couple years back, that wasn't there. I also remember you had to pay each day for parking at SW, unless you got the entire pass with BG added in and then parking was complimentary everywhere. Is that still the case?

EDIT: just saw below in their FAQs - so they're basically charging for something they have always included for free before - there's nothing added here. And the "service fee" - I'm booking myself online - what service? A bit disappointed to see this - SW was never a company that nickeled and dimed like this before.

What does my resort fee cover?
Discovery Cove's resort fee covers ongoing enhancements to exceed our guests' expectations. This fee covers amenities such as, Wi-Fi throughout the property, complimentary family lockers, concierge services, shuttle service between SeaWorld and Aquatica, fresh towel service throughout the day, and on-site parking.

Last edited:
I just checked for next year and saw $20 in nonsense fees - a "resort fee" and "service charge" - $10 each! For WHAT? Is this something new? Does it get you anything? When I last booked a couple years back, that wasn't there. I also remember you had to pay each day for parking at SW, unless you got the entire pass with BG added in and then parking was complimentary everywhere. Is that still the case?

EDIT: just saw below in their FAQs - so they're basically charging for something they have always included for free before - there's nothing added here. And the "service fee" - I'm booking myself online - what service? A bit disappointed to see this - SW was never a company that nickeled and dimed like this before.

What does my resort fee cover?
Discovery Cove's resort fee covers ongoing enhancements to exceed our guests' expectations. This fee covers amenities such as, Wi-Fi throughout the property, complimentary family lockers, concierge services, shuttle service between SeaWorld and Aquatica, fresh towel service throughout the day, and on-site parking.

I know Sea World Corp. has been hurt in recent years because of Blackfish and that aftermath. I wonder how much of these increases are to recoup those losses?

I see DC now also is offering more "experiences" like the animal Trek, swim with Sharks, and Ray feeding. For some odd reason, that honestly leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. I'm not totally sure why... Just feels like perhaps trying for more money grabs? Dunno.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!