Home Alone Reboot

They want to remake Night at the Museum? Those movies are no where near old enough. And I'd never watch a version that doesn't have Robin Williams in it.

As for Home Alone... I think I've outgrown that type of comedy. I loved the first two movies as a kid. But I doubt I would enjoy it as an adult.

They want to remake Night at the Museum? Those movies are no where near old enough. And I'd never watch a version that doesn't have Robin Williams in it.

Completely agree!

As for Home Alone... I think I've outgrown that type of comedy. I loved the first two movies as a kid. But I doubt I would enjoy it as an adult.

The physical comedy was never my favorite type to begin with, but I always loved the kid's ingenuity, and I tear up every time when the old neighbor guy's family shows up at his door.

I agree it’s perfect, but I have a heck of a candidate for Kevin if they do it.

Cutie!

Our 2nd son was almost a look a like to Kevin and had the personality, too. He got lots of comments about that when he 2as that age.

Now, at 22 he doesn't look like McCauley at all.

Cutie!

Our 2nd son was almost a look a like to Kevin and had the personality, too. He got lots of comments about that when he 2as that age.

Now, at 22 he doesn't look like McCauley at all.

Thanks.
The boy knows he looks like McCauley and does the whole bit. I wish I’d been able to upload the video.
Your son is probably far better off if he doesn’t look like McCauley did at 22. He seems to have really turned things around for himself though.

Still haven't seen the original or sequel so opinion-less as to the newer version to come.

My kids love the original home alone, and the oldest isnt even 10 yet.
However, they love the original Jumangi, and the new one (and I think they did great with it)
So I'm willing to give it a go.
And honestly if you put either Jack Black or The Rock in anything and my kids will watch it.

So Disney buys Fox and what's one of their first moves? To remake a classic. Home Alone is perfect. Leave it alone.

Between the reboots, remakes (live action and otherwise) and pulling franchises out of retirement for 1 more sequel (Toy Story, I'm looking at you), Disney is looking very tired creatively.

I'm sure a 46th Marvel movie, a 12th Star Wars movie and a live action remake of (insert name of beloved Disney animated classic here) will fix things right up.

Some one tweeted that it all made sense since Kevin McCallister was a millennial he would probably still be living at home in his rich parents Chicago basement.

Perhaps they move out and leave Kevin home alone on purpose?

So Disney buys Fox and what's one of their first moves? To remake a classic. Home Alone is perfect. Leave it alone.

I can't agree more! Disney buys all these properties and thinks they can get by with remakes of classics! What a joke!
I wonder when they will come up with a new idea on their own, you know, with the great imagineers they have. This is stupid!

My initial reaction was "NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!" , but I'm okay with it if they do it more like Home Alone 3 - same story line, but different kid with a different name/family/etc. As long as they change enough stuff it could be good. 3 was actually pretty funny. Home Alone 4 and 5 --- yeesh. Those were terrible! I have a feeling it will be too similar to the original for my tastes. But I will still be watching I'm sure!

My initial reaction was "NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!" , but I'm okay with it if they do it more like Home Alone 3 - same story line, but different kid with a different name/family/etc. As long as they change enough stuff it could be good. 3 was actually pretty funny. Home Alone 4 and 5 --- yeesh. Those were terrible! I have a feeling it will be too similar to the original for my tastes. But I will still be watching I'm sure!

I will give it the 'wait and see' approach.

I don't think it could be any worse than 4 or 5. Which both premiered on ABC Family.......oh God no! Never mind! Make it stop!

I don't think I even realized it went all the way to 5.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!