Home away from Home and codes

jlieblaw

Mouseketeer
We've booked with points for SSR in Sept. but want to add on Fri and Sat nights. I wanted to check and see if any codes are offered for this resort during that time and see how it compares to using points since so many points are required for those night. I am a Fl. resident so I don't know if that will help. What kind of rates has anyone gotten on a 2 bedroom DVC unit during off season? Thanks for any help.

In the latest round of AP codes, I was offered $100 off a studio at BWV, in keeping with the AP discount on all the deluxe resorts. It would have been $100 off any size unit, 2 BR etc. Since it was a few dollars less than the 25% discount I could get through Member Services, I took it. You do know you can call MS and ask for a cash rate with a 25% discount, pending availability?

call and ask if they have any cash rates available for the extra days. I am not sure if you need to be a DVC member or not, but we are & I was able to get BWV for 250.50 for April. Good Luck

Thanks. I didn't know about the 25% off for members. We have Sun-Thurs booked for a 2 br but want to add on the next 2 nights instead of switching hotels but I'd rather not borrow against next year. We have enough points to add on one of the nights and I'm just trying to find out how much it will cost for the last night. I'll call member services this week and see what they say.

Ive recently called and asked about this for our August trip. Was told they dont have Aug available at discount yet.
Right now we are booked in the VWL 6nights then switch to the Lodge for 2nights before moving to BCV6nights. Id like to get those 2nights at the Lodge switched either to VWL or BCV at the 25% discount. I wont book it at full cash price.

I am a DVC member and have May 8 to 13 booked on points at OKW, 1 bedroom, 100 points total. To add May 7 (Saturday), it would have been 48 more points. I called DVC member services and got 25% off, $296 plus tax ($330). Taking $330/48 points, it's costing me less than $7 per point, which is a better deal than renting extra points. The rack rate is $395, so with $100 off the AP rate would have been about the same. When you use member services for a discount, they officially link the reservations and you don't have to check out and check back in like you do with an AP rate. On the other hand, an AP rate gives you full housekeeping. Since the night in question is our first night, the housekeeping wasn't a big deal. Last year I booked points Sunday to Thursday nights and then an AP rate for Friday night, by then we welcomed the full housekeeping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter