Home from a 4 night stay at GF Sugarloaf

Lisa Mandell

Loonis
Hi All! My family of 4 (myself, husband, 6 year old boy and five year old girl) just returned from a 4 night stay at GF Sugarloaf. We really enjoyed GF and Sugarloaf. This is our second time visiting here and it did not disappoint. If anything, I feel the offerings were more this time than last.
The weather was beyond hot. Really brutal. Lines were long, thank god for fast passes!
We did have some issues with meal plan not working with magic bands but it was quickly resolved and we were rewarded with extra fast passes for the hassle. Very nice.
The major issue I had was with the "caliber" of people who were visiting. I do not know if its because everyone is so hot and cranky but some adult behavior I witnessed were just unreal. I had no idea people like this even existed. I will give 2 examples, however, it was a daily occurrence. Rude, nasty, selfish, borderline abusive people...

1. I was walking with my 5 year old on the side of the castle where there are tables and a small walk way. It was crowded of course so if you were walking on the walkway and someone wanted to exit the tables some kind of cordial "I stop you go" would have to take place. Well this inhuman lady had a scooter (mind you she was not ON the scooter yet walking beside it) and she stood up as we were walking by and yelled "MOOOOVVVVVEEE" at the top of her lungs and rammed her scooter into my 5 year old. My five year old fell over and the person behind my daughter tripped over her (not his fault). My daughter was bleeding and the man that fell was lets say not a youngster so you could tell he was hurt. The lady with the scooter proceeded to press the gas on the scooter as both still were on the ground (while standing next to it, not on it). As I was tending to my daughter I looked up at the lady and said "you just rammed my daughter and this man" and she rudely yelled to me as she was walking away (still not on her scooter) "I said MOVE, I HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY I AM DISABLED NOT YOUR RUGRAT".. Appalled was not the word to describe how I felt.

2. My first ride was Thunder Mountain Railroad. We are on line and a little girl (maybe 7 years old) a few families ahead of us starts vomiting all over. Now I understand that this happens and a parent has no control so that was not my issue. My issue was the father pulls out a towel and wipes her up and stays on the line. Every person behind really has no choice but to walk on the vomit as its all over the floor in a tight space. The daughter was clearly sick. She was pale and looked lethargic. The mother picks her up and girl has her head on the moms shoulder. The girl proceeds to put her hands down and is playing with all the props they have out for kids to play with to keep them entertained. WITH VOMIT HANDS!!. I am clearly annoyed because we all paid mega bucks to be here and to be so careless to let your child who has germy vomit hands play with the toys is just inconsiderate. Maybe it just me but after my child vomited all over I would have apologized to all around and exited the line. Well about five minutes later my husband says "ugh, she just threw up again" and I look up and the father has the towel back out cleaning her off again. I could not believe these parents! Forget the fact that you are subjecting EVERYONE on line with norovirus or whatever, why would you put your child who is obviously sick to their stomach on a roller coaster??? Needless to say, my first ride at Disney for this trip and I was already flabbergasted.

AS the trip went on we met many wonderful people. It was the MANY disgusting people that we witnessed that really put a damper on our trip. The Disney Cast Members were all lovely. We really had no other complaints.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter