Home Makover Last Night

Mike Bartenhagen

Mouseketeer
Anyone else see Home Makover on TV last night? During one segment of the show WDW opened at night for about 25 kids and their families. The kids had a disorder (can't remeber the name) that made it extremly dangerous for them to be in the sunlight so the show was able to get Disney to open the Magic Kingdom for only these people complete with characters, rides, a parade, a concert, and the fireworks. It was really neat.

Mike

Wasn't that awesome?? The disorder was called XP or XLP-I feel for them but was so glad they got to see Disney without the protective gear. Disney is truly a magical place for all!

That was the most wonderful thing - I hope Disney does it every year! One night just for these kids (maybe a night for each park?) wouldn't be too much to ask, would it?

I can only imagine how their lives are, as I just recently became a skin cancer (melanoma) survivor. I just have to wear sunscreen, etc, but to be soooo sensitive to UV light, that even artificial light, and light filtered through window glass is dangerous? What a very hard way to live. Bless them.

Thanks for the explanation.
I didn't see it, but I saw a thread on the Community Board about it. They didn't really explain anything though - just said it was heartwarming when they went to MK (but not why).

That was quite an awesome part of the show. It was touching to see all those children & their families enjoying for one night what many of us enjoy day & night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter