Home Temperature

65-67. But during the winter we get the sun at an angle in our bedroom that heats it up quite a bit.

Threw the switch from AC to Heat last night. Down to 41 at night. Supposed to get down to 34 Sunday and Monday night.
There was frost on my car this morning (6am). The crazy thing is that is was in the 85 on Thursday and it didn't even make it to 60 today.

It aspers more people would like to cut their cost and save money then be comfortable.

Many people are more comfortable at lower temps (I'm not one of those people but know lots who are). I don't think it's always about money. I do make attempts not to be excessive of course. We have 3 zone hvac so that helps. The 2nd floor is really only occupied at night so that gets set higher/lower than the rest of the house until evening. Our master is on it's own zone as well. So that helps with the bill a bit.

In occupied areas I typically do 75 in the summer and 69 or 70 in the winter. Located in Buffalo NY.

We didn't turn the heat on last year. The rest of the year, we're at 76 or 78.

The best thing we have bought was a smart thermostat.
For texas summer we turn up the ac to 74 and 70 at night.
Winter is a hard one because it does not get cold enough for heat untill January and we are still frugal and wear jackets etc in the house.
The thermostat automatically turns down the thermostat when we are about 15 mins away so it's starting to cool.
Our electric bill is on average billing at 109 a month... last month with out it it would have been $56 but in the summer it would have been 200

We live in GA. I have to preface my numbers with: my husband is a cold man, and I'm a skinflint. Also, I'm hot-natured, and prefer to sleep in a room cold enough to hang meat in. 74 in the summer is as low as I will go, wallet-wise, and my husband doesn't freeze. We have a programmable thermostat but over the summer I experimented with keeping it at 74 24 hours a day and it saved money. Color me surprised. In the winter I can only go down to 64 without my husband turning into a popsicle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter