Homecoming or Polite Pig?

akayf

Mouseketeer
We are going to be in Disney Springs on Saturday. We were planning on dinner at the Polite Pig but I just got a 5:40 at Homecoming. 2 adults 2 kids(11 and 8). Kids love the idea of fried chicken with donuts. Lol. I figure they can share that instead a kids meal. The kids meals didn’t appeal to them. If we go to Polite Pig, they will share a regular portion of smoked turkey instead of getting 2 kids turkey meals.

I can’t decide where to go. Both menus sound amazing.

I've been to both, and my vote is Homecomin' 100%! Polite pig is more of a fast casual place, where you order at the counter and they bring the food to you. It was very tasty if you are looking for a quick place to eat. Homecomin' is a true sit-down restaurant, and in my opinion, a much better experience . Hope that helps!

We have visited both and the food at Polite Pig wins by a wide margin. As the PP points out it is fast casual and not a true sit down restaurant.

We were just the opposite. We had both and much prefer Homecomin'. I will give Polite Pig props for how well they handled my cinnamon allergy, especially since it's one of their main ingredients for many items (rubs and sauces).

Food is good at both but I typically lean table service with a waiter, if given an option. Plus sometimes Polite Pig gets super crowded and tables are hard to find.

I would go with whatever price point and restaurant style is most appealing to your family. Can't imagine you'd be disappointed in either :)

We have only tried Homecomin' at it was a favourite on our last trip. We considered the Pig but we decided that the fact that it was Polite wasn't enough to change our mind.

OMG. Homecomin’ was amazing. We had moonshine cocktails. Kids loved their Shirley temples. Got the Jasper board. We couldn’t decide which item was our favorite. Kids shared and devoured the chicken and donut platter. DH had a fried chicken sandwich and Mac and cheese. I had shrimp and grits. I loved my shrimp until I took a bite of the kids’ chicken. Then I regretted not getting chicken. Lol! We were too full for dessert.

OMG. Homecomin’ was amazing. We had moonshine cocktails. Kids loved their Shirley temples. Got the Jasper board. We couldn’t decide which item was our favorite. Kids shared and devoured the chicken and donut platter. DH had a fried chicken sandwich and Mac and cheese. I had shrimp and grits. I loved my shrimp until I took a bite of the kids’ chicken. Then I regretted not getting chicken. Lol! We were too full for dessert.

Glad it was a hit! It's one of our favorites :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!