honest opinions about Boma

jann1033

<font color=darkcoral>Right now I'm an inch of nat
if you take away all the themeing, nice servers, view and just go by the food...is it good or ok

We went quite some time ago (almost 2 years ago) and I would say the food was very good. It was different from your typical American fare, however, and my pot-roast-gravy-mashed-potatoes-glazed-carrots-husband thought it was good but a little "weird" (but he'd go back). The dishes were really quite varied and the whole evening was a great experience. I would recommend Boma if you are at all an adventurous eater.

Enjoy!

Beatnik

For us, it definitely fell into the "too weird" category. I mainly ate the Prime Rib, which I can pretty much eat anywhere. Hubby wasn't too excited either.

I think it's very good! I would recommend it to folks who have a sense of adventure, appreciate exotic spices and love to try different soups!

It was our favorite meal! So much to try, and no, we didn't love everything, but I found many things I did love. My DH and I are adventurous eaters, but my son is not. He ate a ton here, but it was all off the "American" pods.

Well, the theming of Boma is really very minimal, especially compared to Jiko for instance. The servers, while good, have never been among my favorites (these kudos belong to FF) and the view??? If you're lucky you get to look at the pool walkway...So basically I'd say most of the Boma reviews are based on the food itself.

My take? While it's not the best food on property it certainly IS the best buffet and I hesitate to even classify Boma as a buffet (it's that good).

Certainly there are people who are not as enamoured with Boma as me, but generally the food tastes of these people tend to be quite pedestrian, IMO...If you're not afraid to step a little out of the box, Boma will satisfy...

thanks, so far these "reviews" match most of the others I have read.. We do like different things so we are going to try this one for sure!

Last time I was there was in March of 2002. I was there with a bunch of folks from work. It is kind of tough to pick restaurants to match the tastes of others, especially when you only work with them, and not live with them. Their likes and dislikes are even harder to predict.

They loved it. Like someone else said, the accolades are for the food. Ambience and service are not the selling points for this restaurant.

I must say, considering the variety of foods available, there has to be something there to please everyone!

Just my $0.02!

Boma is great!!
It is definitley not your standard American Buffet. It does have american type foods offered though. The foods and flavors are so unique and different from any restaurant (let alone buffet) that I have eaten at. We are definitley going back to Boma on the next trip!

We loved Boma - although we are adventurous eaters. I didn't think anything was especially 'weird' though. After watching the Food Network the other night where a chef ate his way through England, Boma is almost as 'normal' as LTT.;)

I think it really depends on your tastes. I am a very picky eater, so I didn't like it at all(except for the desserts, those were great!). I tried many of the dishes and just couldn't find anything that I liked. I ended up eating the mac and cheese! I would not go back again. My husband on the other hand loved it and would definitely go back.

We loved Boma! We ate both breakfast and dinner there and probably enjoyed dinner more because there was more of a variety at dinner than at breakfast. Our two daughters, ages 16 and 14, both agreed that Boma for dinner was their favorite meal of the entire week.

My daughter and I ate there twice during our stay (we stayed at AKL) once for breakfast and once for dinner. Didn't like it. Perhaps because we are used to eating lots of mexican food (we live in the southwest) and the seasonings are much bolder. We thought the food at Boma was too bland. Maybe the spices are too subtle for us!

We love to experiment and will eat anywhere.

We just did not "adore" the food. The facility is very nice and roomy.

:rolleyes:

is the spice unusual or hot? my husband like unusal ok but spicey hot ( jalepeno like) is not his favorite

I guess you could classify them as "unusual". Nothing tasted spicy to us. CERTAINLY not hot (as in jalapenos). Spices are very subtle.

Give it a try. That's the only way YOU will know if you like it or not. I never let anyone decide for me! No one has MY tastebuds!

even if you take away all of the atmosphere, location, "hype", etc.

Kapp

Boma is our first dinner during each of our biannual WDW pilgrimages--the other part of the ritual is watching Illuminations on the first night.

The food is very good with enough variety to satisfy most--even careful diabetics like myself :cool: . Plus you get the bonus--if you're not already staying at AKL--of checking out one of the great WDW resorts before and after dinner.

I've been to Boma with friends, with my DH and by myself. I had a great meal each time. DH enjoyed it so much it was one restaurant he requested for this upcoming trip.

It is our family favorites; we often eat there more than once on our visits. While my oldest sushi-loving son can be adventurous with his choices, my middle son can eat as much spaghetti and french fries as he wants. The choices are diverse yet traditional. Also, the staff is great for sharing recipes :p

PS, if you like red wine, they offer a South African wine called Goats do Roam; we like it for both the title and taste!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter