Honeymoon at Disney

hartsb

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! This is my first time on this discussion board. I just wanted to say hi.

My new husband and I will be vacationing on October 25 - November 1 for our honeymoon. We are doing the 3 day land/ 4 day sea package for our honeymoon. We also bought tickets to Mickey's Not-so-Scary Halloween. We are huge Disney fans and thought a Disney honeymoon would be perfect!

We are not getting married at Disney though I wish we could. I sent for the Disney wedding video and it looks wonderful but it was not in our budget. Instead of we are marrying at Gulf Shores, AL at the beach on October 21st.

Congrat to everyone else who is getting married!

:wave:

Hi, you! First, let me say, congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I know it will be wonderful. You must have had some great advice from your brilliant aunt! ;)

Seriously! Everyone say hi to my niece and give her lots of great advice! Any advice for great, romantic spots to eat? (She's a very picky eater -- according to her grandmother, at least!)

JulieWent (aunt to hartsb!)

hi: welcome to the boards and congratulations on your upcoming wedding. my kids are there right now on their honeymoon. that's where they wanted to be. i think it's a perfect place. i know you'll have a wonderful time.

On your upcomming wedding... my new hubbie and I will be there next July for our honeymoon! If you've got the time, I'm sure everyone (including myself) will love reading your trip report!!!!!!!

Thank you!

I will try my best to post a trip report when we return from our trip.
We only have 72 days until the big trip!!

:)

Let me start with a War Eagle!

And then congratulations! My best advice for disneymooners is to let it slip whenever possible that you are on your honeymoon - hotels and restaurants are pretty good about spreading extra pixie dust.

California Grill just before fireworks is extremely romantic, Artist Point is very nice too. We love to get a patio table at Rose & Crown for Illuminations - it has become a tradition. Take a Breathless Burst if you can squeeze it in - very fun!

One corny thing we like is to ride the Jungle Cruise at night - its quirkily romantic!

Melissa, I have it on good authority that hartsb is a Tiger. (She graduated last year, her hubby also!)

I concur about California Grill, but how is it for meat and potato lovers? (I'm not implying that hartsb IS a meat and potato lover, just curious, mind you.)

War Eagle! (Our football tickets came today!)

My husbandand I are soo jealous! He did all of his graduate work at Auburn (we both went to Huntingdon College for undergrad - he teaches at Michigan State now - we're trying to get used to Big -10, but its just not the same!

Back to meat & potatoes though - both California Grill and Artist Point have wonderful options. I had a fabulous pork loin with purple potato gratin, I had buffalo at Artist point with a root vegetable gratin - both were incredible!

If anyone prefers vege options - they have some really great selections too. My husband is mostly vegetarian and those are his 2 favorites.

I'm not sure how long ago they were updated, but you can see menus for all the restaurants at:

http://www.wdwig.com

O'hana's is much more casual, but has a good selection of grilled meats as well.

Go Tigers, Go Tigers, Go Tigers, Go!

well, it ain't bbq house or guthries or anything.

DR

Thanks for all the good restaurant suggestions everyone! Both soon-to-be husband and I are big fans of Guthries. :) We are going to try and eat a nicer places for dinner on the honeymoon though. I wouldn't mind some Guthries for lunch sometime. Guess we will have to find something else. We are thinking of trying California Grill but we haven't decided yet. I know, I know we need to hurry up and decide before it is too late for PS.

War Eagle!

Hartsb,

ME TOO!!!

I get married in Vegas and then have my honeymoon at Disney land (Whoops! i mean world) and sea package just like yourselves. Where on the Gulf Coast are you getting married? We are sending our last week at St Petes, but we dont know too much about it.

Congrats again!!

Emma

:bounce: :bounce:

Hey hartsb -
I was just kidding you about guthries, you ought to go to ca. grill - try to get a ps on a night when there are fireworks. I've been to Ca. grill a couple of times now, and one thing I like about it is that I am beginning to learn a little bit about wine. They have really excellent wait staff, and if you put your trust in them, they will take care of you. You'll have a great time. And it is pretty romantic - you can go outside too, and there are some great views. Last time from our table we could see fireworks from epcot and mk too. click on this menu if you haven't already http://www.wdwig.com/menu/menu_cg.htm if you make PS let them know it is your honeymoon so they will know to sit you somewhere quiet.

I know y'all will have a wonderful time - congratulations,
DR

Congratulations on getting married. I am also getting married on October 21st. I will be staying at the Wilderness Lodge starting on October 23rd and then going on the Disney Wonder (4 day cruise) until November 1st. Maybe we will run into each other. Where are you staying for your land portion of the trip? Good luck with all your wedding plans!

Congrats to both of you also!

We are staying at the Beach Club October 25 - 27. We chose this hotel because it goes along with our beach wedding. Before the Disney part of our honeymoon, we are staying at a resort in Gulf Shores, AL until we travel down to Disney on the 24th. Did either of you buy tickets for Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party? We bought them. My parents & little brother went last year and had a blast. Even if you don't want to dress up, you can go and ride most of the rides with NO WAIT!! We are like big kids and love to ride rides. :) Maybe since we are all honeymooning, the cruise line will seat us together for dinners. I have heard that they try to sit people together that have something in common (Like families with kids or couples with no kids would be separate). We have the late seating. What do you guys have?

Alypooh- I am glad to know that someone else is getting married on a Sunday. A lot of people have looked at me strangely because it is not a Saturday. We chose Sunday because it is exactly a year from when he proposed, and because our Disney package didn't start until Thursday.

Our weddings & honeymoons will be here before we know it!! Are you guys as excited as we are?

d-r - Thanks for the link to the menu. I looked over them last night. I still need to show fiance.

Congratulations and lots of good luck, hartsb, renessa, and allypooh!

I will also be honeymooning at WDW.....in June '02! And hartsb, not only am I also getting married on a Sunday, but our honeymoon is beginning exactly one year to the day after DF proposed to me at the Poly - we are going to try to get the same room in which he proposed to me last year, this year! :)

Congrats everyone!
I am getting married in Mississippi next June and then I con't decide if we shoudl do the HM right away or wait... I really want to do it right away but we may be able to do more and stay longer if we wait a month... Tough descision.

How far out did you make your HM Plans?

Congratulations to you, KnightsQwn! We'll be making our June reservations in September - we made our reservations for our June trip this year, last September, as well! I don't think that you necessarily have to make them that far in advance.......but I'm impatient to get back to WDW - I can't wait - the sooner the better! :) And we are going to go right after the wedding - once again, so that we will be there on the one year anniversary of DF's proposal, and also 'cause we can't wait! :)

Thats a hard call about when to honeymoon when waiting can make a difference. We eloped originally and then had a WDW Intimate Wedding 9 mo's later - and NO there was no reason for that particular time frame other than the school year! We did not take any sort of honeymoon right away, instead we had those 9 mo's to save and plan and arrange everything. I can honestly say that our disneymoon was the ultimate trip. We did everything we wanted to do, did not have concerns about money and were able to stay for 10 days. The wedding was fun too, but it was an absolutely incredible vacation!

We keep going back and back to WDW trying to relive it I think! Although every trip is wonderful in its own way - nothing will ever compare to our disneymoon! Which we were only able to do because we had the time to plan it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter