Honeymoon at POR in sept

burnyp

Earning My Ears
I get married on 13th sept and will be flying to Orlando on the 18th, my Fiancee' and i have already choose POR as our resort i dont think the agents we booked through have told POR that it is our honeymoon. if i mention this at check-in would this alter anything?;)

When my girlfriend and I were checking in at POR in Feb, the front desk lady asked if we were celebrating anything special during our stay, to which I said "Only not being at work."
If you wear the mickey veil or groom ears at check-in (or something like that), that would be a good conversation-starter to see if there's a surprise upgrade in your future.
However, do not go into the trip expecting free things, so you won't be disappointed.

~Chris

We stayed at POR for our wedding/honeymoon and loved it:D

I wore my bridal headband for check-in; we actually had a problem with our reservation!!! We had booked 2 nights room-only, then 7 nights on the Silver Plan. On our confirmation from the travel agent (make sure you carry this with you) it said "King bed" for the entire stay. At check-in they tried to tell me that we would be in 2 different rooms, since it was just a standard room for the first 2 nights. And they knew that the day we switched was our wedding day... imagine having to check-out then check-in in the midst of hair appointments, etc... so no pixie dust there. I showed them our confirmation sheet and after about 15 minutes it was fixed, although we were given a hard time about it; I was almost in tears ready to call the travel agent to verify what I already had in writing...

On the up-side we did receive an autographed picture of the Pooh characters in front of the castle with a congratulatory note. We both appreciated that!

Mention that you're on your honeymoon wherever you go, and on all of your PS (we got a lot of good seats and a bit of pixie dust this way), but don't get your heart set on definite pixie-dust so you're not disappointed!

Best wishes for your wedding and honeymoon :)

We have POR for our upcoming honeymoon. I used Dreams to book the trip. We were told they told everyone that this is our honeymoon, but they will know when they see us :D We will be wearing our ears when we check in. I can't wait.

We had a terrible experience at POR. In fact, we booked the intimate wedding package through Disney's fairy tale weddings department and stayed at POR. In our reservation, it stated that we were doing an "intimate wedding package" and that we wanted a king-size bed. We mentioned at check-in that we were there for our wedding - and considering that they had to go get our gift from the backroom upon check-in, they most certainly knew we were there for our wedding & honeymoon.

We were sent off to our room to discover that we had a great view of the large parking lot at the complete opposite end of the resort. We called and asked for another room, and they then sent us off with the bell man to the other room. When we were opening the door on the 2nd room, the mechanical contraption at the top of the door broke free from the frame and was just hanging there. We told the bell man and he sheepishly walked away saying he'd call maintenance. Then I went to use the bathroom, but the toilet refused to flush. Then on top of all that, my mom tried calling us 3 times but every time I picked up the phone, it cut out on her. We finally called maintenance and explained the problems ourselves. Then we called management and they were not too apologetic.

It took the maintenance people 2 1/2 hours to fix everything. We had other problems at the resort that I won't go into detail, but I will never stay there again. And it's really sad that I chose this resort as my first WDW experience. We really don't know if we'll ever stay on-site again. There's really no "upgrades" at POR to be given, beyond a king-size room. Please don't expect any special treatment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter