Honeymoon Basket

Princess49

<font color=CC3333>It's a great big beautiful tomo
Friends of ours are going on their honey moon to WDW. We want to have a blasket full of honey mooners essentials waiting in the room when they check in- How do we go about that-
We need to get the things for the basket- the bride & groom ears, the bride & groom pins & anything else that anyone can think of related to honeymooning! (I was thinking of Disney Dollars but they did the plan that gives them wishes & I don't know that they are the type to buy souvaniers so I don't think that will work.)
Then we need to know how to get it there when they check in, They are staying in the AKL- in early June.
If anyone has any ideas for what to put in the basket- and the details on how to do the whole thing please let me know!! Thank you so much!!! :)

I did this for friends of mine a few years ago and it was a big hit! We gave it to them before they left, so I can't answer that part of your question. In addition to what you've mentioned - we got Guest of Honor Badges w/ their names, an autograph book with a fat pen, and film. Maybe you could also add some candles and a bottle of wine?

I also thought of the Mickey & Minnie wedding champagne glasses!

when I was down in WDW in Dec 01, my boyfriend proposed to me. A few days after that, we came back to our room at the CBR to find a basket from his family that had a bottle of champagne and 2 champagne glasses - etched with mickey heads and the castle.

We didn't crack it open then as the champagne was warm and it was the night before we were leaving - so that's one thing to think of - make sure to specify COLD champagne/wine. :)

How did your fiancee's family get the basket there? How did they get the glasses-- any details would be helpful-- thanks!

I'm honestly not sure - I think they may have just called the CBR and asked them to set it up and put it in our room. When I speak to them next - I'll find out though. Sorry!

The only thing that sucked about it was the timing - he proposed on Saturday night - our first night there - we didn't get the basket until FRIDAY night - the night before we left. I had to haul that thing in my backpack all the way back to Boston! hehehe

I think you can send a box to the hotel desk with their names on it. When they check in they can claim it. Otherwise, call their resort, ask if someone can deliver a sent package straight to their room. Disney is very accomodating.

You may also want to get in touch with Gifts of a Lifetime as this may be a service they offer. If not I am sure they would be able to point you in the right direction.

WDW Florists can put together all sorts of gift baskets and have them waiting in your hotel room. If you look under "unique designs" on their site, there are a whole bunch of pre-designed baskets. You can also call and have them put together a custom package for you!

When my boyfriend and I went down to WDW for spring break in 2002, his parents had the Bravo Beer Tub and the Healthy and Fit packages in the room waiting for us -- it was a great surprise! (Though I will admit that the beers disappeared more quickly than anything else!) It was great to have all sorts of snacks in our room. The healthy and fit basket was extra great -- all you need for a day in the park, and it came with a cute mouse ears basket!

With the wine and beer packages, I'm sure they could put together a champagne wedding package no problem!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter