Honeymoon Dining Reviews-Part I-lots of pics!!!

MissyPrissy

Mouseketeer
We were meant to be in Disney for only five days and then head out on a 10 day cruise to St.Maarten/St.Thomas...but b/c of *ahem* "Hurricane Ernesto" (aka sad little rain storm) our cruise was canceled. We decided to just stay at Disney. It turned out to be a WONDERFUL choice!!!

I hope I do a passable job on these reviews...I'm a little intimidated as y'all seem to be such food professionals!! I'll do my very best!! :) My food descriptions are going to be somewhere between "It was good, really good, or fantastic" If I really liked it I'm sure I'll stick some more adjectives in!

We were on the Dining Plan in case anyone was interested. Very good value overall!

And now...the Magic Kingdom Dining Experience!!! :cool1:

Crystal Palace--Breakfast
Typical breakfast fare...eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, fruit, character waffles..stuff like that. It was all really good. Of course the camera chose to die that morning and we hadn't gotten batteries yet. But y'all know what breakfast looks like! ;)

Columbia Harbor House--we ducked in here when the weather got nasty. We were both really hungry and bordering on grouchy!! This was a really great place to go, the food was good and there was TONS of seating upstairs!
I had the Starboard Deck Sandwich - (ham with tomatoes, broccoli slaw and cheese.) I also had a bottle of water and the triple chocolate cake. DH had the cup of soup and half a sandwich...same as mine. He loved the chocolate cake!
100_0902.jpg

We had our first table service at Tony's Town Square. It was okay over all. We live in New Jersey which is home to some of the BEST Italian food in the world, so we weren't overly impressed but it was good. They were very nice and decorated our table for us!

I started with the Spinach and Artichoke Dip (three cheese blend, tomatoes, and served with grilled bread) It was good!!
100_0985.jpg

DH had the Crispy Calamari. He liked it. I'm not a big fan of tentacles... ;)
100_0986.jpg

For the Entree I chose the Chicken Florentine. Very good. I loved the mashed potatoes!!
100_0987.jpg

DH had the Eggplant Rotini. He made a face and said the sauce was too sweet. (he is a red sauce snob and fancies himself a bit of an expert! :rolleyes: ;) ) Other than that he said it was okay.
100_0988.jpg

We ended up with the Dessert Sampler. Apparently you can't get anything else if you are on the Dining Plan. The cheesecake had a cute mickey on top of it(which was sliding off when I took the picture), but it didn't taste very good. The Tiramisu was good though and the connoli was decent-ish. :rotfl:
100_0990.jpg

Overall were enjoyed Tony's. We were seated on time which was great! The decor is really adorable and the food isn't bad. Especially if you are hungry for something more substantial than a sandwich!

Stay tuned for Part II--Eating at Epcot! (Margaritas, Liberty Inn, LeCellier)
thanks for reading!!! :sunny:

looks good i am not an eggplant fan though i am gettin veal parm special made at mama melrose the chef emailed me to confirm he would make it for me

I agree that the food is good at Tony's, but not great. We are thinking about giving it another try on our December trip....we'll see. Congratulations, Disney is a great place for a honeymoon!

Sorry about the cruise, but I'm glad you ended up in a place you could enjoy being stuck! Keep the reviews coming!

This day started late. We slept in and didn't get breakfast! We had planned to eat in at the Tangerine Cafe, but after looking at the menu, my All American guy said..."Can't I just get a cheeseburger?" :rolleyes: :lovestruc Sooo we wandered over to the Liberty Inn. It was actually very good.

I had the #3 Turkey Sandwich - (smoked turkey breast, muenster cheese, lettuce and mayo on a whole wheat bagel. It came with a green bean salad.) I had Strawberry shortcake for Dessert and a bottle of water. Hit the spot! DH had his cheeseburger and fries with Apple Cobbler. He was very happy!

100_1058.jpg

A bit later I had a chocolate craving so we stopped at the Boulangerie Patisserie and shared some Chocolate Mousse. It was VERY rich and absolute heaven!!

100_1076.jpg

For dinner we had ADR's for LeCellier. I was really excited for this as I'd hear so much about it here on the Dis!! (just a side note, I do not like the way the tables are set up in this place. I hate eating in the middle of a room with people on either side of me so close I can hear every word they say! If I wanted to sit with people I didn't know I'd have gone to the Biergarten!) Anyhow, the first thing I had to try was the Cheddar Cheese Soup with the Pretzel bread!! I loved it. My DH said it was just okay...loved that Pretzel bread!!!
100_1135.jpg

DH had the Caeser Salad, which he said was "excellent"
100_1136.jpg

Now this next part of the review is not for the squeamish...I still feel ill when I think about it...okay so, I am not a big steak fan...if I do eat steak I eat it well done. (My uncle is a meat inspector for the government and he says eating meat any other way is dangerous...) My DH however is from a family of steak afficiandos...steak snobs if you will ;) and he insisted that I at least get the steak done Medium. It would be slightly pink in the center but the juices should run clear. I didn't want to appear rigid and unable to try new things, so I ordered the Mushroom Filet Mignon - (wild mushroom risotto, white truffle and herb beurre blanc, topped with fried parsnips) cooked Medium
100_1137-1.jpg

It looked great, it smelled heavenly...the risotto was FABULOUS...but when I cut into that meat...oh my lord it BLED...red red blood...like I was murdering it. I was so horrified...I have never in all my life seen food on my plate BLEED. I had to immediately excuse myself and run to the bathroom. I was so embarrassed at my reaction. The people at Le Cellier were wonderful. I was still in the bathroom when the waitress came out. She was very concerned that there was something wrong with the meat. My DH assured her that I just was not used to red meat and would she please just remove it from the table. I am NOT a bratty, high maintenence kind of girl. I don't send food back, I don't make a fuss and I don't withhold tips. So for my body to physically react to a piece of meat like that was mortifying! I actually apologized to the waitress who kept telling me that she could have the meat cooked a bit more...nope, no thanks...I will never eat another piece of red meat ever again...ever, and I'm from Texas...saying something like that is serious!

Okay, moving right along...
My DH had the Herb Crusted Prime Rib. He loved it. His steak was "medium" as well, but since his cut was not as thick as mine, his didn't bleed!
100_1138.jpg

For dessert I had the raspberry and mango sorbet. It was pretty good, sort of bland though. The brown crispy thing on top of it was interesting!
100_1139.jpg

DH had the Chocolate Whiskey Cake. He was in Heaven! It was very rich and a lot better than my sorbet!
100_1140.jpg

After the meal the waitress brought out two glasses of champagne in honor of our honeymoon! Very nice touch!
100_1134.jpg

Overall I really enjoyed the atmosphere of LeCellier. Even though not a bit of steak actually made it into my stomach, I'm sure that the Filet Mignon was excellent...The staff was very friendly and I will definitely go here again...I'll just order the chicken! :)

Stay tuned for the next exciting episode--Eating at Animal Kingdom and Artist Point!!

thanks for reading everyone!!!

We are also going for our honeymoon the start of this coming feb. We have reservations at Tony's also and I was considering the Eggplant, but Thank you for posting the pic of it cause it did not look as good as I imagined it would be, so I am glad to know ahead of time. On the other hand that chicken looks great so I may lean towards that. I am a bit skeptical on Tony's cause of the bad reviews it has gotten, and gotta be honest here the sampler just aint looking that great. I hope they offer a choice when we go. Is Tony's a at least do once in your opinion? DFH loves the siamese cats from Lady in the tramp which is why I made ressies there. We also have le cellier heh I needed an extra TS to complete the list so I grabbed it, but hearing how close it is together it is making me wonder is the seating like the pics of germany? I don't mind that if I was going to biergarten, but for this one I would rather be at our own table. This is our first time going to WDW so forgive me if I seem clueless. :bride: :groom:

MissyPrissy said:
It looked great, it smelled heavenly...the risotto was FABULOUS...but when I cut into that meat...oh my lord it BLED...red red blood...like I was murdering it. I was so horrified...I have never in all my life seen food on my plate BLEED.

Awwwww... you know what's so ironic about this? I had heard that Disney restaurants undercook their steaks, and I'm a medium-rare kinda girl, so I ordered mine (the same filet as you) at Le Cellier 'medium'. It arrived with NO pink whatsoever. Pretty disappointing, so for my next steak (Spoodles) I ordered medium-rare. And guess what? Same thing, no pink at all. Looks like they swapped our steaks, huh? ;)

Lostgirlz said:
We also have le cellier heh I needed an extra TS to complete the list so I grabbed it, but hearing how close it is together it is making me wonder is the seating like the pics of germany?

No, the tables are just a bit close together. You might get lucky like my bf and I did- we got a table for two by the fireplace, so we only had another table on one side.

not all the tables are close together...we just went at a very busy time and ended up in the middle!

And yes Lillyanna...I think they must have swapped our steaks! I think that the Filet Mignon I had was SO THICK that it needed to be cooked longer than a thinner cut. My DH ordered his steak medium and it was barely pink in the middle. I'm still really embarrassed about it. My DH felt really badly about it and I felt like I was ruining his time...but there was no choice in the matter...reaction was visceral! I smiled the whole time though!! (good girl from Texas...smile no matter what!! That was actually the title of one of our debutante ball lessons!! :rolleyes: :rotfl: )

Liliyana said:
Awwwww... you know what's so ironic about this? I had heard that Disney restaurants undercook their steaks, and I'm a medium-rare kinda girl, so I ordered mine (the same filet as you) at Le Cellier 'medium'. It arrived with NO pink whatsoever. Pretty disappointing, so for my next steak (Spoodles) I ordered medium-rare. And guess what? Same thing, no pink at all. Looks like they swapped our steaks, huh? ;)

LOL. You sound like me. I'm a medium rare girl and I am always on the fence whether to order medium or medium rare. A lot of times "medium" has little to no pink. Aww. And while cooking GROUND beef anything less than medium can make you sick, that doesn't apply to steak or prime rib unless you order it rare and it is cold in the center. That being said I know people who order their steak rare and the're still here.

Wonderful photos and reviews so far MissyPrissy! You are doing an excellent job! I can sympathize with the meat thing, I go through long phases of not eating it.

Sorry to hear about the cruise, but happy you were happy at WDW!

Thanks for the awesome pics. Sorry about your cruise. Do you get to go at a later date? Congrats on your marriage.

The bummer of it was we couldn't take the cruise any other time than at the time we had planned...for over a year. They pushed the cruise back to a later date, but my husband and I both work for schools systems and we couldn't take the cruise at a later time. *sigh*

But it turns out that staying at Disney was great!! We got to eat everywhere we wanted to eat! On the day that the "hurricane" :rolleyes: was supposed to hit we went to Magic Kingdom, which was totally deserted. CM's let us stay on Splash Mountain as many times as we wanted (three was the limit before my husband couldn't stand the music anymore!) We were on Thunder Mountain SIX TIMES in a row without getting off before we got dizzy!! Same with space Mountain. That was the most fun day we had! They even did Wishes for the maybe 100 or so guests in the park!

Our honeymoon was just covered in Pixie dust and fantastic food!!! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter