Honeymoon hangup

mlhardee

Earning My Ears
I have been to Disney World a few times but my parents have always booked everything. My fiance has never been so I'm so excited to take him!

We plan on going in February 2020. However, when you go to book packages or a resort it won't let you go past December. With the 6 month window for booking restaurants getting closer I'm starting to wonder when I can book everything! Does anyone know when it will open up?!

It should be sometime next month according to the Disney Moms panel. Supposedly you can call in a reservation now instead of booking online, but I haven't tested that theory.

You can book via the phone 499 days out, room only. Packages through next year won't be released until June/July (that's the rumor going around).

You don't need a room reservation/package to book ADRs so I would make sure to do that at the 180-day mark even if you haven't sorted out resort reservations!

Thank you!! Thats super helpful!

To book those ADR's what do you need to have booked, a park ticket?

It just needs to be 180 days out from the day you want to dine, not park tickets or hotel stay required.

Anyone can book at 180 days out without any sort of resort reservation or park ticket. I.e. I can make a dining reservation for up until Nov. 18, 2019 right now.

If you have your hotel reservation booked, you can make it for 180 days + 10 days of your stay (This link might help clarify, I'm bad at explaining: https://www.themouseforless.com/walt-disney-world/dining/adr/).

To answer your question, no you do not need a park ticket. You technically don't need a resort reservation either unless you want that + 10 day advantage.

However, if you are going in Feb. 2020, you won't need to make ADRs until this August at which time the packages will be released for you to make a resort reservation.

Today. 2020 booking opened today. Not saying it's working, it's temporarily unavailable online and I've been on the phone for an hour and a half waiting for someone to pick up. But technically today you can start booking 2020.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter