Honeymoon Pixie Dust Questions

Moxiepup

Mouseketeer
Hi there.
While speaking with a CM on the phone earlier today, she asked me if we'd be celebrating anything special during our stay. My partner and I are engaged, and hope to tie the knot before our trip. I would love to experience the honeymoon pixie dust the CM spoke of, but my partner was brought up in a rather starchy, New England manner. She's on the closeted side, although getting better through the years. I know she would never wear the honeymoon ears I've heard tell of, (they really wouldn't be my style either) and I doubt very much that she'd agree to wear a button. I'm hoping she'll feel more open when she experiences the welcoming attitude that Disney is known for, but I don't want to pressure her either.
Is there any way that we could experience any pixie dust without DP needing to feel on the spot? We are staying on property, and so would be wearing magic bands. Does anyone have any advice or experiences they could share? Thanks!

My DH and I honeymooned on the Disney Magic and a couple of days in the park. We also spent our first anniversary at a park and then on a ship.

First make sure the celebration is noted on all of your reservations, room and dining. The buttons really aren't horrible they just say celebrating. Cast members will congratulate you when thy see them. We had cool Disney t shirts made that said just married, may be too much for your dp

Pixie dust is not assured, but can show up when the cast knows you're celebrating.

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback! How big are the buttons? How would we go about getting the celebration noted on our room and dining reservations... tell the resort when we check in, or is there somewhere to note this online?

Call the reservation number and have them make sure it's noted on your reservation. But also let them know at check in incase they miss it. Do the same with any dining reservations.

The buttons are about 3" in diameter. A lot of folks will have them. During our honeymoon it was also my birthday so i also had a birthday button. Got quite a kick out of cast members wishing me a happy birthday! I vowed to wear the button everyday!

As others have said you can certainly not bother with the buttons. Just be sure you have your special occasion noted on your hotel and restaurant reservations to improve your chances of some pixie dust. pixiedust:

I second that. One way, should you want to be more subtle, is to get one Engaged or Happily Ever After button (you) and another generic I'm Celebrating (for her). I (gay male) actually took my friend Michelle down after she got engaged to her husband. She got the engaged button, and mine was I'm celebrating. It actually was a lot of fun as CMs and others were figuring out what it meant. (I even got ears and wrote "Wasn't Me" on mine for a pic we took.) The buttons really get you attention as you are walking around. So, you can always take them off.

You might think about a couples massage at either Mandara or one of the Senses locations.

Another thing to consider is a smaller dinner venue. If you want to spend the money, there are a few (very pricey) chef's tables experience available. Another option, especially if you are going at a less crowded time, is to plan to dine at one of the bars at a Signature Restaurant. These tend to be smaller, and you can sneak it into conversation with the bartenders. They all tend to be VERY accommodating and add that magic when you talk with them in that way. Flying Fish, Narcoossee's, Cape Town Lounge at Jiko or even California Grill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!