Honeymoon Treatment

KaterBell

I've been Pugged!
Hey everyone, just wanted to share a few stories about honeymooner treatment in WDW - We went on our honeymoon in June - first on the Disney Wonder for 4 days , and then to WDW for 6 - WE got nothing but star treatment the entire time. One of the funniest things that I remember is that wearing the "Bride and groom" hats around the park is sure to get lots of attention from characters, cast members and other guests. We got a free dessert sundae to share at the Sci Fi Dine In Theater in MGM. While running off to a Luau (late!!!), one of the CMs from the GF followed us in his golf cart to give us a ride to the Poly. You can't beat it!

The treatment we receive each and every time we go to WDW will keep us going back year after year.

Now, two of my best friends are going to WDW on their honeymoon on our advice - hopefully they'll have the same magic experience!!

I am sooo glad you posted a message suggesting honeymooners to wear the bride and groom mouse ears! My fiance and I will be honeymooning in Disney for 2 weeks in November and I'm trying to convince him it's not too silly or embarrassing to wear them! I keep telling him we'll get the royal treatment. Maybe now I can convincehim that there are other couples who do it too!!!

We saw a lot of couples wearing them around - and a lot of them would see us, and wave/smile/look relieved too! :) You won't be the only ones, I swear!! You'll have a blast down there!

As hard as I tried, I couldn't convince DH to wear these on our honeymoon. He's just not one to draw any sort of attention to himself. But we still did get wonderful treatment, once they found out we were honeymooners. I think it would have made for some cute pictures to wear them, though.

Hey all,

I am the fiance of LisaFB above. She has been begging me to wear that Mickey hat for our honeymoon. Is it really worth it?
I don't mind looking silly, but at the same time, I don't want to stick out like a sore thumb. Anyone hear any more stories of the preferential treatment you get by wearing these ears in addition to the first post up above.

Also, if I do decide to wear them (which I think I might do....the things I do for Lisa, let me tell you...LOL) where can we get the ears?
Do a lot of stores carry them?

Thanks.

When John and I got married in WDW on August 24, 2001, we wore the Mickey & Minnie Groom & Bride Ears for the remainder of our honeymoon stay at Walt Disney World. We even wore them on the DCL (the first & last day we were there).

You do get a lot of attention from CMs and other people wearing them. We got lots of congratulations wherever we went, and lots of special attention. We got free drinks at the pool bar at CSR, free dessert at Tony's Town Square in the MK. A CM ushered us to the front of the line at one of the rides in DQ, and the CMs at Space Mountain announced congratulations to us over the speaker system as our coaster was climbing up. And so much more!!

We got a lot of special attention for being honeymooners, and we made sure to note it on everything. Coronado Springs won the medal for the most special attention, however (we stayed at 4 resorts for 3 nights each: Poly, AKL, WL, and CSR): we were staying at a special passholder rate of $89 per night, and they upgraded us to a Junior Suite for our stay! We also got a voucher for a free champagne toast, and when we went to the bar, they gave us an entire bottle.

We had a wonderful, magical time!

<<hugs>>
Michelle

Wow....sounds impressive Michelle.
By the way, where did you buy your bride and groom ears?

OK Lisa, I will give it a shot.

Thank you all for helping me to convince Scott to at least try wearing the ears for one day!! I thinkit will be so cute and that we'll get soem great pictures!! Besides, you only have your honeymoon once, right?!

:pinkbounc:

Well, I got married at WDW, so I got our Wedding Ears through Disney's FairyTale Weddings department.

However, I've seen them at several of the Hat stores in the MK, MGM, and Epcot. There's also a store at the Grand Floridian that sells them. Sadly, I don't remember any of the names!

Thanks Michelle, I am sure we will be able to find them in the places you mentioned.

I guess I'll have to pass the hint along to my fiance!!!! Now he has no excuse for not wearing the hats since we know exactly where to buy them!!!!!! :-)

How nice to hear! Thanks for posting! :)

Also, I see this is your first post--welcome to the DIS! :)

Two weeks ago we saw the most darling older couple in their wedding ears. They were in wheel chairs and were celebrating their 70th (!) anniversary at the World. They told us that they had not spent a night apart in 70 years.

Hello,
I was in Disney World for my honeymoon in September (17th) and my hubby was NOT going to wear those ears!! I had bought them when I went down in 99 with my mom since we had no plans on going to Disney world again for awhile, but we ended up going there for the Honeymoon....so I packed the hats in our carry on and brought them with us...I know we could have bought a new pair, but I had also talked him into wearing them for our last dance at the wedding so they had significance....also our DJ (a Disney nut too) saw us wearing them and played M-I-C...see ya real soon.....and so we stood in the middle of the dance floor facing our guests and sang the song ( I got the see ya real soon and Y? because we like you part!)
ANYWAY.....when we got there he was going to wear it sometimes, and I would mostly wear mine, but once he saw the special treatment we got he wore them all the time! Not to mention he got picked on by the CM's when he wasn't wearing his and I was wearing mine!

We got free desserts, we got an entire cake at the German restaurant in Epcot, champagne....an entire boat to ourselves on the Pirates of the Caribbean and also as many rides on the big thunder mountain as we wanted (the CM running the ride said that Mickey called and wanted us to keep riding!) We also got picked to be in the show at MGM, the backstage lot tour...at the beginning they have a show with audience members on the boat.

On alot of the rides we were able to ride by ourselves when there would normally be many people....of course when we went it was right after 9/11 and there really weren't many people there.

We also got an autographed picture of Mickey and Minnie (of course they were written out to Mr and Mrs. my maiden name since I booked the room, but we called the front desk and they got Mickey and Minnie to sign a new photo) plus there were balloons and a pin for honeymooners staying at the Yacht and Beach.

We also got a free photo of us on the Rock and Roller Coaster with our names, the date and Honeymooners! written on the photo....we loved all the royal treatment!

He never wanted to take the hat off...well until the end of our trip....we were so tired by the end of the 10 days that we just couldn't take all the treatment any more!! LOL

Whatever you choose to do...make sure you throw in whenever talking to anyone that you are on your honeymoon..you never know!
Stacey

Hello,
I was in Disney World for my honeymoon in September (17th) and my hubby was NOT going to wear those ears!! I had bought them when I went down in 99 with my mom since we had no plans on going to Disney world again for awhile, but we ended up going there for the Honeymoon....so I packed the hats in our carry on and brought them with us...I know we could have bought a new pair, but I had also talked him into wearing them for our last dance at the wedding so they had significance....also our DJ (a Disney nut too) saw us wearing them and played M-I-C...see ya real soon.....and so we stood in the middle of the dance floor facing our guests and sang the song ( I got the see ya real soon and Y? because we like you part!)
ANYWAY.....when we got there he was going to wear it sometimes, and I would mostly wear mine, but once he saw the special treatment we got he wore them all the time! Not to mention he got picked on by the CM's when he wasn't wearing his and I was wearing mine!

We got free desserts, we got an entire cake at the German restaurant in Epcot, champagne....an entire boat to ourselves on the Pirates of the Caribbean and also as many rides on the big thunder mountain as we wanted (the CM running the ride said that Mickey called and wanted us to keep riding!) We also got picked to be in the show at MGM, the backstage lot tour...at the beginning they have a show with audience members on the boat.

On alot of the rides we were able to ride by ourselves when there would normally be many people....of course when we went it was right after 9/11 and there really weren't many people there.

We also got an autographed picture of Mickey and Minnie (of course they were written out to Mr and Mrs. my maiden name since I booked the room, but we called the front desk and they got Mickey and Minnie to sign a new photo) plus there were balloons and a pin for honeymooners staying at the Yacht and Beach.

We also got a free photo of us on the Rock and Roller Coaster with our names, the date and Honeymooners! written on the photo....we loved all the royal treatment!

He never wanted to take the hat off...well until the end of our trip....we were so tired by the end of the 10 days that we just couldn't take all the treatment any more!! LOL

Whatever you choose to do...make sure you throw in whenever talking to anyone that you are on your honeymoon..you never know!
Stacey

My fiance was finally convinced to buy the ears after reading this thread and they just arrived. They are so adorable!! My mom suggested that we bring them to our wedding and have the photographer take a few shots of us wearing them. I'm trying to convince my fiance to wear them on the plane ride down to Florida, but no dice so far!

My fiance was finally convinced to wear the ears after reading this thread. He ordered them and they arrived last week. They are so adorable!! My mom suggested that we bring them to the wedding and have our photographer take a few shots of us wearing them. I'm still trying to convince him to wear them on the plane ride down, but no dice so far!

I'm getting married in WDW in August. I want to wear the ears.....fiance REALLY wants to wear the ears. I'm just worried about a few things.... for example, what do I do with them if it rains?? I don't want to ruin them. I guess I would just hold them on the rides, but I'm really concerned about the rain!

Any advice about how to handle this?

We wore ours and we did have some rainy days.....I would just suggest taking them off and holding them to the side....if you have a bag from a store put them in there (of course if you are staying on site you would have just sent your bags to your room)...or go into a store and ask for a bag then throw them out once the rain stops.
Also, for the rides, I just took mine off and held it then re-attached it with the hair clips I bought (I had to buy the clips there...I would suggest you make sure to buy some and bring them with you) I had no trouble taking it off and carrying it....
Have fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts