Hong Kong Disneyland Green Areas Devastated By Storm

TimmyTimmyTimmy

Earning My Ears
There has been a huge storm in Hong Kong and it hit the Hong Kong Disneyland Resort with full force. No huge damages to buildings but hundreds of trees and posts have been destroyed. I guess Disney won't reveal the damages to the buildings. Here are some videos of it from Main Street Gazette:

The resort:

The park:

And I was watching some dude at WDW during hurricane Irma just last year.

Was in the park yesterday and today. It looks like the railroad and jungle cruise will be out of commission for a while. Journey to Halloweentown was flooded which is unfortunate given that a lot of effort was put in to it and it was only a 7 week attraction to begin with. The bathrooms at Tarzan's treehouse were flooded and some of the trees were pretty badly damaged but it probably isn't noticeable to the average guest given that damaged trees look OK for Adventureland.

If I didn't lose a window in the typhoon I would have wanted to go to the "Typhoon Day" event at the hotels that was held while CMs did emergency cleanup at the park on Monday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!