Hong Kong Marvel themed 10K Weekend

Actual conversation at our house:

Me: oooh look race, fun,
DH: No, no you cannot go to Hong Kong.

It sounds like fun though! Maybe this makes doing Kessel challenge next year more reasonable?!?

I wonder if they'll do this next year.... we're thinking of heading to Tokyo Disney around the same time and I'd love to hop over to Hong Kong to run this... :P

Can you register to run the 3K, 5K, and 10k? :rotfl: I know the 5 and 10 are possible, but the timing is unknown for the 3K. This is so cool. I like that other parks are getting into it. We were considering Castle to Chateau next year, but... with the increased occurrence of violence in Paris we don't feel safe.

I'm curious to see if it fares better than Superheroes Half Marathon weekend out in Disneyland. I'm still trying to figure out why that race has trouble selling.

I'm curious to see if it fares better than Superheroes Half Marathon weekend out in Disneyland. I'm still trying to figure out why that race has trouble selling.

My favorite rD race was the inaugural Avengers weekend, but the subsequent Avenger/Superhero weekends have been continual declines. There are fewer characters. You essentially get the same characters every year (though Dr. Strange was there last year). While I'd love Mickey in a Captain America costume, I'd settle for Mater and Lightning parked on the side. Maybe Starlord, Gamora and Groot since they're around for Summer of Heroes, or is that asking too much??

This year the themes are the same as previous years. Why not a Guardians of the Galaxy themed race? I hate the generic "superhero" weekend name. The local Rotary club has a superhero themed race. Disney paid $4 billion for the Marvel/Avengers name. Use it!

As of now, I'm still going for the Infinity Gauntlet, but if rD doesn't step it up this year, I'll either cut back my vacation to just do the races or cut out the trip/race entirely.

Thrilled to see that it looks like this is going to be an ongoing annual thing! Hopefully it will still be going in 2023 for my crazy 'run all the RunDisney races' challenge. Should coincide nicely with my birthday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter