• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hooking 2 umbrella strollers together???

Dreaming of Disney

Mouseketeer
I know I have seen the snappy things that you use to connect 2 umbrella strollers together but I don't have a clue where to find one. We are leaving on May 18 with our twins and I don't want to take our big double stroller because of the room it takes up in the van. 2 umbrella strollers would be much more compact. Can anyone help??

Toys R Us has them and they're made by Prince Lionheart. They cost about $10.97 I think.

I don't know if we're not terribly bright but my husband and I went mad trying to keep the 2 strollers together and fluid when turning corners etc.. Personally, we took the connectors off after nearly doing someone in at MK when the strollers went one way and we went another. LOL!

Thanks for the tip Threehearts. Has anyone else ever had problems with their snappy things? I don't want to get down there and be miserable. We also have a 5 yr. old DD who will probably be in a stroller as well. Thanks.

We bought them and two identical strollers and then abandoned the idea altogether when they didn't even work in our uncrowded living room, much less trying to maneuver around at WDW. They might be practical for a quick fix, like say when one parent is in the restroom for a couple of minutes or ordering food, but they aren't very practical for any longer than that IMHO.

I have used the Prince Lionheart connecters for my two umbrella strollers for years! I have to agree that they make a "wide load" to push around but I guess I just deal with that. I think two strollers are better than one double when traveling - if you want to split up each adult can take a stroller. I use them alot at home too. I carry both unbrella strollers in my SUV plus the connecters - if I have one kid I use one stroller - if I have two kids I use two strollers. I do have to add that my kids always loved their strollers and loved to ride in them.

We just decided to buy a double umbrella stroller (Kolcraft) for $55 at Target rather than trying to connect 2 umbrella strollers. My husband has NO desire to ever have both of us pushing a stroller so we'd never separate them and with the connector's, the 2 umbrella strollers become pretty wide and I've heard lots of horror stories about how hard they are to manage.

Good luck in what you decide! You'll hear lots of differing opinions. Have you seen a picture of what it would look like? I believe the Right Start has a picture on their website.

I have 3-year-old twin boys. We have had 3 double strollers, and the cheap double umbrella mentioned above is BY FAR our favorite. We have used the connectors, and thought they were awful. We just took the double umbrella to WDW in March, and it was awesome as usual!

We also have the Kolcraft double umbrella stroller. We bought it a little over a year ago before we took our then 9 month old twins to wdw. It worked beautifully for the trip and is now the only stroller we use. We put our 50 pound, very expensive, double stroller in the attic. We're planning another trip within the year, and I'm sure we'll be using it then too. It's still in great shape.

I think you will be much happier with the double kolcraft - we used one to. I tried the two umbrellas with a connector on one trip and it was a nightmare. Really hard to push and wider than a double! I think it was even more difficult to push for me since my girls aren't twins - and there was a weight difference. I think if you have two children the same weight it may be easier. I remember being in the airport alone with the two girls in the stroller while dh dealt with a luggage issue and I couldn't push that thing to save my life LOL.
TJ

Thanks everyone for all of your comments. I looked at the Kolcraft and it looks really nice. The only thing I don't like is it doesn't have a basket on the bottom. I also don't know if I want to spend the $70 when we are only going to use it at Disney. We don't use a stroller much anymore since the twins are bigger. I think I have decided to just make room for my double stroller. It has two reclining seats, a basket and a canopy. I also think it is a little bigger than the umbrella strollers so They'll be more comfortable. Maybe even comfortable enough to take a nap or two in there. :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: :D

The only thing I don't like is it only folds in half and is rather heavy, but we are offsite, so I don't have to worry about getting it on and off the busses.

Now I just have to find room for it in the van. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Dreaming of Disney
snip...
The only thing I don't like is it only folds in half and is rather heavy, but we are offsite, so I don't have to worry about getting it on and off the busses.>>

Yes, If you already have a double you like I would stick with it. Just remember - depending on where you park you will have to keep it folded or fold it for the trams. Shouldn't be a problem if you don't load up the stroller esp the baskets before you board the tram.

Have fun
TJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter