• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hoop de Doo -- How about a review?

disneycrazed139

DIS Veteran
Can you describe the Hoop de Doo? People have said such good things about this show. What makes it such a good show? I am really curious. Any examples? It sounds very corny and I am wondering if the humor is something that we really will enjoy as much as everyone else has seemed to. I'm sure we could only get reservations for the 9:30 show at this point, but I am thinking about it.

The show is hilarious! We're jaded New Yorkers (originally) and didn't expect much from a hokey frontierland show, but it far exceeded our expectations. The food is comfort food (fried chicken, ribs, corn on the cob, strawberry shortcake), not fine cuisine, but it's all really well prepared and delicious. The performers are excellent at what they do and their comedic timing is perfect. They select three audience members to participate in part of the show. I was selected to be up on stage and, believe me, you really appreciate how good they are at what they do when you're immersed in that fast-paced frenzy of dance, dialogue, and singing! Before I went on stage, they dressed me in a can-can outfit, but they were talking to me so fast about what I'd be doing, I never noticed how ridiculous the outfit was until I saw the picture they took AFTER the show was over! Trust me, you'll laugh heartily. Go see this show!!!

I agree with Flyball. We went with a group that wanted to go, so I went along, and I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as we did. It is very corny, but an absolute blast!

I agree with flyball.
It is a RIOT! We were hesistant and finally broke down last trip after a dozen visits to WDW.
I believe you are a fellow DVC member and I believe that still entitltes you to 20% off the 9:30 show.

Very funny. My then-5yo ds had to use the potty mid-show 'cause he couldn't stop laughing. I was bummed 'cause I had to bring him and miss part of it :( .

If you roll your eyes back in your head :rolleyes: over corny humor, this is not the show for you. If you can find your inner child, ya gotta go! ::yes::

My whole family over 4 generations loves this show. I was afraid my very urbanized DH wouldn't like it the first time I brought him; now he wouldn't miss it on any trip!

but that is part of the charm! Not need to worry about how you should act in front of strangers, just relax and have a blast! The food is good (not gormet but that's fine) and plenty of it along with wine/beer/soda. When we went the first time, we expected it to be fun but it was a better time that we have even imagined. Try the "Hoop" and I'm sure you will enjoy it!

Kapp

Just came back and we loved the Hoop Dee Doo it is corny but its great I knew most of the jokes were coming but it didn't make them any less funny, its a great time.

They don't just tell corny jokes, they sing, dance and participate with the audience.

Kids between 5 and 8 or so seem to get a HUGE kick out of this show. My nephew (5) nearly had a heart attack laughing. He's still singing "My Darling Clementine."

I agree with Flyball! It was hilarious! My DS loved it and I thought for sure he would be bored. It was actually one of his favorite dinners and he loved the show!!

are there kids in your group? I think that makes a huge difference. I am probably the only person on the boards who does not think Hoop dee doo is worth the $ or the hassle getting to it. HOWEVER, the only time I saw it, we were three 21-year-old girls. 'nuff said.
If you can overlook the corniness and the so-so food, you'll enjoy it. I hope you do if you decide to go:)

Just wanted to give you a dissenting opinion.

The show was great - through some amazing twist of fate, we got front row seats, even though we made the ressies two weeks before. The food is decent to good and there's lots of it. The whole atmosphere is very "down home" and comforting. The jokes are hokey but cute, and the performers are very talented. Some folks go over and over, but I think once you've seen it you don't need to go again. If you haven't seen it, It's a must!

My clan loved it and you will too, especially if you have kids or you are a kid at heart. And if you're not, what are you doing at WDW?

:-)

We love it!

Wasn't sure my husband would but he laughed all the way through!

Last Dec we took my inlaws and my FIL just kind of sat and stared the whole time and said he didnt think it was too great but by a twist of fate, while he was leaving he took a header down the stairs and some very nice CMs took he and my MIL home in a van and when they got there they had a doc look him over and it turned out his blood sugar was so far out of whack they didnt know how he hadnt passed out. :eek:

No more pie for him! (hes mild diabetic and had been eating what ever he wanted for 2 days.. big no-no). He apologised for not enjoying the show and said he wanted to go back because he felt like he missed it!

We'll be doing HDD for the first time in July and I can't wait!!:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter