Hoop De Doo OR Spirit of Aloha?

Leeba

Mouseketeer
Which would you choose, if you could only do one during a trip?

We did HDD a couple years ago, and I absolutely loved it. It was so much fun, and I don't know who liked it more - me & my husband or our sons. Just such a fun silly time. This time, we're only staying for a couple nights, and we're staying at the Poly, so I was thinking we'd do the Spirit of Aloha show there. But the reviews I'm reading do not make it sound all that fun.

Which would you do, if you could pick one?

I have been to the Spirit of Aloha twice over a time frame of about 12-15 years. The show was not as good the second time, but entertaining enough to enjoy.

I have not been to HDDR, but would love to go sometime. I have heard great reviews and since it is more comedy and fun. I suspect your boys may not like the luau as much as HDDR. It is probably better for couples night.

However, if you have never had an opportunity to go to an luau type show, then give it a try.

They are both nice in different ways, and I think the food is just okay at both. The luau is lovely and relaxed and HDD, as you know, is very high energy. How old are your kids?

Having done both my vote is for HDDR. The Spirit show needs an update and better food. At HDDR one of the actors asked where I was from and I told him Missouri. He then asked me how did I like living in Misery. My daughter loved it.

My boys are now 11 and 7 (they were 8 and 4 at the time we went before).

We've done both. SOA once and HDDR three times. HDDR is much better IMHO.

I've done both. I think HDDR is a better show hands down. With that being said, SOA isn't bad. My kids actually liked it more. Since you are staying at Poly and haven't done it, I would go SOA.

I’ve been to both. Most people prefer HDDR but we like SOA better. Since you haven’t done it I would say give it a try especially with you staying there.

We have done both SOA (twice) and HDDR (three times). HDDR is hands down our favorite, but we absolutely love the Polynesian Resort! The SOA is just OK but it is nothing special, but the HDDR is a great family time with good food.

I would say go to the HDDR show and then another day the monorail over to the Polynesian for Luch or Dinner at the Kona Cafe or the Character Breakfast with Lio & Stich at 'Ohana.

1) HDDR!
2) Luau is "just ok" for entertainment, but almost pitiful as a true luau experience. (My daughter actually fell asleep during it.)

Many years ago on our first ever Disney trip (like 20 years ago :scared1:) we stayed at the Poly and did the Luau show they used to have. It was great, it combined the traditional luau components with Mickey, Minnie and Goofy. There was some loose story line that I can't remember but my kids were 6 and 3 and mesmerized by the show.

That said, after all these years and 7 trips we are finally going to HDDR in May! I don't know why we never did it before but my adult daughter's friend went with her family (all adults now too) and they loved HDDR and she raved about it to my DD.

Having done both my vote is for HDDR. The Spirit show needs an update and better food. At HDDR one of the actors asked where I was from and I told him Missouri. He then asked me how did I like living in Misery. My daughter loved it.

We too are from MO and got a similar comment at Turtle Talk!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter