Hoop de doo or spirit of aloha?

HDDR! My kids were 5 and 3 when we went and my family loved it so much that it is one of our very few must do ADRs for our next trip next year. The show is really cute.

Depends on the night, but never have I felt squished or even close to it and I am definitely one to like my personal space! Picnic tables are pushed together, but most families have their own table with very little overlapping even on a busy night. Obviously if you are a party of 2 someone else will be at your table, but a party of 5 will most likely have their own table, right up against another table, but still roomy. I have been at least 6 - 7 times, but honestly dont remember which night of the week we went each time, so I cant say Saturday is always busier then Thursday etc... I really think it just depends on the day and randomly if it will be busy. Kids are always up dancing, watcning the clown tricks etc... they are rarely at the tables.

I never understood the different categories of seating. Every time Ive been it was first come, first seated. Its one line outside and once the pavillion opens, everyone rushes in and grabs a table they want. The hostess tries to point people in directions, but never verifies what category seating they have.

Ill try to show what its like below. Excuse the writing, hard to write with a mouse!!!

View attachment 308283

View attachment 308286

View attachment 308287

12015226_903942389640858_3304713349447102952_o.jpg

12006678_903942199640877_23934263705945028_o.jpg
12031544_903942196307544_8215749416659549282_o.jpg

12034181_903942319640865_4001759411980727194_o.jpg

Your DD is adorable! Thanks so much for the detailed info! The main reason I didn't consider the BBQ for our last trip was I was thinking it would literally be shoulder to shoulder with strangers at the picnic tables. Glad to hear it's not like that. We did go to HDD though and everyone loved that so much that it's been deemed a must do for our next trip. Given that one of both kids favorite things on the last trip was the Dance Party with Mike and Sully at MNSSHP, I think they'd love the BBQ too. I think we are just going to plan on doing both.

Hoop Dee Doo is a fantastic show and far better than Spirit of Aloha. We have done it about 8 times and don't tire of it. Food is really good and show is entertaining for all ages.

Another vote for HDDR. My whole family loves it. We went on our first year and must have taken the longest possible route to get there. We still joke about that day. We’ve been back a few times since. I have a pic of my son swinging his napkin around with a huge smile on his face. That photo always brings back a great memory.
We decided to skip it on our next trip in August...but only so we can look forward to it when we go in 2019.

Your kids are going to love HDDR. I have been to the Spirit of Aloha twice. The food is good, the show is ok. Weather can be a factor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter