Hoop De Doo to MK ?

vicb

DIS Veteran
My family would like to attend the 6:15 HDD show and then head to MK for fireworks and eve emh. We have never been to HDD or Fort Wilderness so have no idea how the logistics work. It looks like there is a boat that goes from FW to MK, is that easy to do from the show? I know it would be tight making the fireworks at 9pm if the show ends at 8:15 but we'll give it a go. Thanks for any info.

Very easy to get from HDDR to MK. You are right, it is a boat right and the boat dock is a very short walk from the HDDR location (like less than a minute walk). You will be challenged to get into MK for 9:00, but I agree it's worth a shot. It will all come down to how quickly you are able to board a boat. You may end up on the boat during the fireworks which I think would be a really cool experience.

Yup, just take the boat from FTW over to MK. Easy Peasy. The timing will obviously depend on when the boat arrives, but the boat dock is literally less than a 5 minute walk from HDD.

The boat dock is right outside Pioneer Hall. And you can see the fireworks from the boat, if it comes to that

Thank you! I think we are less concerned about being "in place" for the fireworks and more wanting to be there for the 9-11 emh! Also was thinking to take Lyft from our hotel (Dolphin) to Fort Wilderness, then I gather there is an internal bus that will deliver us to the Pioneer Hall??

Yes, you are correct, an internal bus that will drop you off close to Pioneer Hall. Have fun, HDDR is one of our favorites!

Awesome.... just booked my date for HDDR!! Thanks everyone! One last question... it says to pick up your tickets at your resort concierge desk but I'll be at the Dolphin... do they have a Disney desk there or would I just walk over to BW or BC to pick up those tickets?

Awesome.... just booked my date for HDDR!! Thanks everyone! One last question... it says to pick up your tickets at your resort concierge desk but I'll be at the Dolphin... do they have a Disney desk there or would I just walk over to BW or BC to pick up those tickets?

You don't need to pick up your tickets. Simply check in at Pioneer Hall when you arrive and you are good to go.

The boat dock is right outside Pioneer Hall. And you can see the fireworks from the boat, if it comes to that

This actually sounds pretty cool to me! I was going to do the earlier show time, and then go back to MK ... but now I might do the 6:15 and then watch the Fireworks wherever we happen to see them.

Thank you! I think we are less concerned about being "in place" for the fireworks and more wanting to be there for the 9-11 emh! Also was thinking to take Lyft from our hotel (Dolphin) to Fort Wilderness, then I gather there is an internal bus that will deliver us to the Pioneer Hall??

You could also walk to HS and take a bus to Fort Wilderness from there.

You could also walk to HS and take a bus to Fort Wilderness from there.

I would agree with this mainly to avoid the time on the back end to get home if you are going to MK, or you can just take bus from S and D to MK then boat to FW.

If you drive to FW then after MK you would have to take boat back to FW, then internal bus to car, then drive and park at S and D late at night.

By taking other transportation to FW to start all you do is hop on bus to S and D after you are done at MK and you are right back instead of alternative boat bus car.

I would agree with this mainly to avoid the time on the back end to get home if you are going to MK, or you can just take bus from S and D to MK then boat to FW.

If you drive to FW then after MK you would have to take boat back to FW, then internal bus to car, then drive and park at S and D late at night.

By taking other transportation to FW to start all you do is hop on bus to S and D after you are done at MK and you are right back instead of alternative boat bus car.

Thank you! We won't have a rental car, was thinking of Uber or Lyft over to save time but perhaps the other options might work if we have extra travel time that day. Def taking the S/D bus from MK after emh.

When we did HDDR last Spring there were buses waiting as the show let out going straight to MK.

As soon as the show is over head over to the FW Dock sometimes theres a boat waiting, just know that the boats probably gonna stop at WLV or the Contemporary on the way back to the MK

Did they go to MK directly or to the TTC then you had to boat or monorail to MK?
Directly to MK. I was very happy because I was expecting to do an internal bus to switch to the bus that goes to MK or a boat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter