Hoop-Dee-Doo and AP Discount

belle2008

Mouseketeer
My family is currently scheduled to go to Hoop-Dee-Doo this spring for our first time ever. I made the reservation earlier this month, but after I made it I saw that it was listed with a 10% discount for an Annual Pass, which we have. It definitely didn't take the discount off when I made the reservation, so does anyone have any experience with how this would work since it's pre-paid. Would we get some money refunded when we go to the show and show them our AP card? Thanks for any help on this!

Thank you as well. I had no idea they were on the AP discount list. I will ask for my refund when I pick up my ticket as well.

Thanks for asking because I noticed this too and plan to purchase AP soon but haven’t yet and have purchased HDD tickets.

Me too! I wish all participating restaurants would have a sign indicating AP discounts (maybe they do, but I haven't seen them).
We've actually had a few restaurants automatically apply it, without me even asking. Since we had ADRs linked to our MDE, and of course our AP was also on MDE. Last week, I made a reservation for my kids at Sci Fi--I wasn't even dining with them but had to make the ADR in my name since they were all under 18. The server still applied my AP discount (my kids don't have APs.)

Thank you as well. I had no idea they were on the AP discount list. I will ask for my refund when I pick up my ticket as well.

I think they just added them when they switched the list over from the anniversary discounts because I hadn't noticed it before either.

Oh darn! I just got back from a trip where we did HDD, and had no idea I could have got a discount! :(

That stinks! :(

This reminds me that I need to check Passholder site before my trip in a little over a week. I always check just before my trip and make or update a cheat sheet with current discounts.

Anyone know if this is still how the AP discount works for Hoop de doo revue? Also how many tickets can each AP purchase?

Just a heads up...

When they refund you the 10% discount, they refund it back to the source of payment it was paid for with. If you used a credit card, it would go back to the same card you paid with. However, if you used a gift card, it goes back on that gift card you used to pay with. I mention this because I often will pay for things with gift cards.

To keep confusion to a minimum, I have several differently themed gift cards I use to pay for everything with. I will buy the $500 gift cards at my local grocery store and transfer the balances to the themed cards I use to pay for things and throw the grocery store card away. Its just a way for me to keep track of the cards that could possibly see a refund.

I do find myself doing the pre-paid dinner reservations on credit cards more and more due to the refund policy.

Just a heads up...

When they refund you the 10% discount, they refund it back to the source of payment it was paid for with. If you used a credit card, it would go back to the same card you paid with. However, if you used a gift card, it goes back on that gift card you used to pay with. I mention this because I often will pay for things with gift cards.

To keep confusion to a minimum, I have several differently themed gift cards I use to pay for everything with. I will buy the $500 gift cards at my local grocery store and transfer the balances to the themed cards I use to pay for things and throw the grocery store card away. Its just a way for me to keep track of the cards that could possibly see a refund.

I do find myself doing the pre-paid dinner reservations on credit cards more and more due to the refund policy.

Good point. I actually take all gift cards to Disney with me that I have purchased for a trip even after I combine cards and they no longer have anything on them. You never know what might get refunded. When my young daughter bought something and the cashier offered to throw away her empty gift card she greatly regretted it when she made the return later. She could only get a merchandise card and they wouldn’t let her have an AP discount on anything she used it to pay for. Also it was very restricted in where and what she could use it for. I wish I had been beside her when the cashier did that because as a child she didn’t know any better

Just a heads up...

Great point. How often we throw a gift card away once it’s used. Will most likely book on CC to avoid the risk.

Just a heads up...

thanks for the heads up... I was wondering how it worked when you pay by GC...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!