Hoop-dee Doo Musical Review

Hopkins

DIS Veteran
We are going to WDW in September, and thought that my mother-in-law and my parents would enjoy an evening at the Hoop-dee Doo. The problem is the my MIL is going to be using a wheelchair. We will be arriving by car to the Wilderness Campgrounds. From what I remember, you take a bus from the entrance to Pioneer Hall, if I'm correct. Is there a way that a person in a wheelchair can park closer to Pioneer Hall so we don't need to take a bus? If not, I'm sure the buses they use are wheelchair acessible, but we don't want to put her thru that ordeal. She is 78.

Thanks in advance.
Tina :earsgirl:

No you will need to park at the Reception Outpost and take the bus. THey are wheelchair accessible. Sorry.

The bus isn't really that bad. Just different.
If you check in the disABILITIES FAQs thread near the top of this board, you will find more explanation about the bus. A wheelchair is a lot easier to load than an ecv and the drivers do it often enough that most of them are pretty experienced at it.

One thing you might want to do is to make sure they know ahead of time that you will have a wheelchair user with your party. They have a downstairs(accessible) and a balcony. I always make sure I'm assigned a table on the lower level. They do table assignements before you get there so call ahead.

Enjoy ths show! I love it even if the food is not my favorite.

Bill, one time they did assign us the balcony even though we had told them I use a wheelchair and also that interpreters were arranged for the show. They had to do some quick changes. I was even asked if I could get out of the wheelchair and walk up the stairs. Like yes I can get out and walk a short distance but there is no way I can walk up stairs.

BillSears said:
One thing you might want to do is to make sure they know ahead of time that you will have a wheelchair user with your party. They have a downstairs(accessible) and a balcony. I always make sure I'm assigned a table on the lower level. They do table assignements before you get there so call ahead.

Enjoy ths show! I love it even if the food is not my favorite.
Good point.

We once had a reservation for Hoop dee doo and though we siad we needed an accessible table they goofed. When we went in they didn't know where to put us. They finally pulled out a folding serving table and suggested we sit there. It was not large enough for the family plates let alone the food they would serve. It was also too low for Dan to get anywhere near it!

Normally we are agreeable but this was not acceptable (especially for the cost of the meal) and they found us a large table that was very nice.

We took 3 buses to get there and 3 more to get back to OKW.
Since alcohol is included I don't want to drive there so I will only return if we are staying at the Wilderness Lodge and can walk to and from!!!

Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter