Hoop Dee Doo review worth it?

One and done for us. Went as 4 adults, food and drinks were fine, show was just not something any of us really enjoyed. I think it is something you should try for yourself though as most people seem to really love it.

The crazy thing about HDDR is its innate ability to tickle so many different "appetites". Otherwise not into the cornball humor and anything remotely "country", I love the show as much now as I did when I first saw it 35 years ago. The food is simple, but it's always quality. Worth it? Well executed live entertainment isn't cheap. Scoring the performance and a quality TS meal on Disney property for $64 is a bargain, IMO. Gotta do it at least once.

We thought the food was okay. The humor wasn't our kind of thing, and DW and I sat in dread fear we would be "chosen" to participate.

For a little extra money we far prefer Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace, or any number of nice places in Epcot.

It was a one and done for us. The kids thought it was hilarious!! I’m glad we went once, but not sure I’ll do it again.

I enjoyed it, but I don't think it's worth 2 credits for Category 2. I paid my way for Category 1.

Also, keep in mind that it takes a lot of time out of your trip. I agree with the YouTube video suggestion. See if it looks right for you and ask yourself if you're willing to spend the money for that kind of show that takes at least 3 hours out of your day.

I would watch a little Youtube video, just enough to get the feel of it. The food is good, not spectacular. The unlimited drinks are a big plus. I like it for the show, not necessarily the quality of the food.

This is what I did and ultimately decided no. Maybe for a trip with kids but not a trip with DH and myself.

I went with a bunch of family 33 years ago. My FIL went up on stage. We all loved it! I can't wait to take my 3 grandsons some day when they are older.

I went as a teenager and looooved it. And they chose my grandpa to be up on stage and that was the last vacation we ever took with him before he passed away so those memories hold a special place in my heart. We are taking my children (ages 3,5,7,9) in November for the first time. It's expensive and I don't think it's something I would do every time I go to Disney, but it's something I feel like everyone should experience if they can!

Our Ratings of Hoop-Dee-Do-Review: (*rev 02/20/2018*)
. . . food price value: B (if using DDP Credits = D)
. . . food quality: C
. . . food quantity per serving: A
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: B
. . . seating comfort: C
. . . eatery atmosphere: B
. . . eatery convenience: C
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff attentiveness: B
. . . character interaction: B (actors)
NOTE1: HDDR is a fun, corny, lively Western show. The food is average, but quite tasty for comfort food and is all-you-can-eat for both the food and the beverages, even the nice sangria. Good show for adults and children alike. As side info, HDDR is typically cool from air conditioning, so take a jacket or sweater for everyone. Cat-2 and Cat-3 tables may have posts in the view. For a truly unique evening, do an early show, then attend the Chip-n-Dale Campfiremeet-greet appearance, the marshmallow roasting, Sing-a-Long, and outdoor movie. Buy S'mores, arshmallows, and other snacks at the campfire.
NOTE2: Food is served "family style" and is purposely slammed on the table. The menu includes fried chicken, smoked BBQ pork ribs, cowboy baked beans, seasonal vegetables, tossed green salad, fresh baked bread and strawberry shortcake, plus unlimited draft beer, wine, sangria and soft drinks, Please be aware that the corn is now kernels in a bowl and not on-the-cob.
NOTE3: Show times are 4:00, 6:15, and 8:30. The doors open EXACTLY at the "show time". Yes, they say to arrive 15-20 minutes early, but it doesn't do much extra good.

Oh what a great idea - HDDR then the campfire meet and greet with Chip n Dale! I bet your kids would love it!

NOTE3: Show times are 4:00, 6:15, and 8:30. The doors open EXACTLY at the "show time". Yes, they say to arrive 15-20 minutes early, but it doesn't do much extra good.
Just to add to the good advice from @TheRustyScupper, since the tables are pre-assigned there is no reason to get into the line that forms at the door ahead of time. Just wait comfortably outside until most of the guests have gone in. You won't miss anything.

We love it- but not everyone enjoys that type of entertainment. It is one of the best deals at Disney, if you compare the cost of category three to character meals. A category three seat costs less than some character meals (like Akershus) and comes with an awesome show instead of a handful of hurried two minute character interactions.

One and done for us. Went as 4 adults, food and drinks were fine, show was just not something any of us really enjoyed. I think it is something you should try for yourself though as most people seem to really love it.

That's why I went to youtube a couple years ago and watched a show there to see if I'd like it -- wasn't for me, but for those that like it, enjoy!

Our Disney vacation planner recommended we do category 3 because we have 2 young kids, but I didn't know if that was a good suggestion or not. We booked it her suggested way, but what does everyone think? Our kids will be 4.5 and 1.5 at the time of our trip and we are going to the 4PM show on arrival day. She said it might be easier for them to see everything going on in the balcony seats.

She said it might be easier for them to see everything going on in the balcony seats.

She may have a good point there. A lot of the action takes place on the floor, off the stage. It's probably a lot easier for little ones to see it all looking down from the balcony.

If we had the dining plan and were staying at least a week, yes I would gladly use 2 credits for Hoop-Dee-Doo Review. It's something I think all guests should try to experience at least once, and then they know if they would like to do it for future visits. The free beer and sangria help too.

Dan

Our Disney vacation planner recommended we do category 3 because we have 2 young kids, but I didn't know if that was a good suggestion or not. We booked it her suggested way, but what does everyone think? Our kids will be 4.5 and 1.5 at the time of our trip and we are going to the 4PM show on arrival day. She said it might be easier for them to see everything going on in the balcony seats.

Not sure why they would recommend cat 3. Cat 2 is better, even for little ones IMO. The actors work their way all over the venue anyway, and with Cat 2 you can still make an easy exit in case something comes up with the kids.

Dan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter