Hoop Dee Doo review worth it?

Our Disney vacation planner recommended we do category 3 because we have 2 young kids, but I didn't know if that was a good suggestion or not. We booked it her suggested way, but what does everyone think? Our kids will be 4.5 and 1.5 at the time of our trip and we are going to the 4PM show on arrival day. She said it might be easier for them to see everything going on in the balcony seats.

The balcony will be fine, the chairs swivel to make it easy to see what's going on below. There are some high-top tables which I assume to be cat2, I'd hate to get one of those, especially with young kids.

I personally think it's worth it. It's classic Disney and one of the reasons I keep coming back.

We didn't enjoy it at all. The food was just "ok". We booked cat 1, and were seated near the bus station and our table butted up to a wall, making my view obstructed. All we heard all night was server's scrapping dishes at the bus station. Have no desire to ever return.

Question for all those who have seen it: can you recall any song lyric that is not the words "hoop dee do"? Me neither, and I've seen it several times over the years.

That's just one of those funny little facts about the show. :)

I still think it's a very good show. And the fact that it's the same today as it was the first time I saw it in 1985 is remarkable.

Also a trip to The Hoop requires a trip to Fort Wilderness and thus allows Guests who would otherwise never go to The Fort an opportunity to experience a little of the laid-back vibe of The Fort.:)

It is a matter of taste, as is everything else in life. For me, I would recommend it to anyone who has not been. the show is corny, but a lot of fun, full of songs and dance routines. The food is excellent and plentiful, especially if you like some variety in meat choices and BBQ style meals. A little pricey, but what isn't at WDW.

My wife and I (we are in our late 60's) went the last week in May of this year and enjoyed it. I say go for it!!!

Sorry to hijack the thread. But I have a question about when to arrive. We have a booking for 6:15.
Am I correct in saying that the doors open and seating begins at 6:15?
and the show itself starts 20 minutes later at 6:35pm?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter