Hoop dee doo versus Polynesian dance

tinkjeanie

Earning My Ears
I have been to the HDD twice and my son loved it. This upcoming trip I have ressies for the dance/buffet at the Polynesian (sorry.. the right name escapes me) but love the HDD so much I am not sure if I should just go there again. Would you give me your opinion on your choice please? hmmm... then I have read the backyard b-b-que is supposed to be a good time too.

decisions... decisions.... this is my kind of stress! ha!

Thanks!

:wave:

The Luau you mean right? We saw the HDD last year and the Luau this year. I think that since you've seen the HDD twice before, you should experience the Poly Luau. And if you don't like it much, you can at least say you were there. It looks like you've been to WDW several times with no end in sight. You can always make the HDD a tradition every trip after you've experienced the Luau. What if the Luau becomes your favorite? We liked both. Glad to have seen both. We wore the Aloha Mickey matching outfits to the Luau and we really had a great time. My DD6 was stunned watching the dancer with the spinning flaming stick! She talked about it forever!

Dear mm6mm6

We have 2 girls ages 6 and 9. Last year we saw the HDD and loved it. This year we saw them both. The name of the luau is called " The Spirt of Aloha". You won't be sorry the show was fantastic. Just make sure you are hungry when you go as the portions are plentiful. Also make your Ressies early as your seating is arranged by the time they are made.

Searl Proudbottom

Originally posted by searlproudbottom
Dear mm6mm6

We have 2 girls ages 6 and 9. Last year we saw the HDD and loved it. This year we saw them both. The name of the luau is called " The Spirt of Aloha". You won't be sorry the show was fantastic. Just make sure you are hungry when you go as the portions are plentiful. Also make your Ressies early as your seating is arranged by the time they are made.

Searl Proudbottom

time of ressie means little in table assignment. We made our ressie for 4 less than a month before our arrival and we were an "A" table which meant we were front row. Table assignments are assigned based on the configuration of the arena rather than time of ressie.

I have seen both the HDDR and the Luau and enjoyed both. I agree that you should atleast try the Luau.

Hi all! Just a reminder that personal attacks are not allowed on the DIS. When replying to a post, please remember to be considerate of others thoughts/feelings/opinions/experiences. All posts that violate DIS guidelines have been deleted. Those guidelines can be viewed by clicking here. If you have any further questions, please feel free to e-mail or PM myself, another DIS moderator or Webmaster. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter