Hoop

Yes, I would. The 2 year old is free. It is quite entertaining, even if the jokes aren't understood. My just turned 3 year old granddaughter enjoyed the goofiness of it last summer. She laughed so much people at other tables were laughing at her.

Would you do Hoop Dee Doo with a (just turned) 2 year old?
we have done on different trips with all ages from 4 months old to 75 years. have had about 3 in the range of 18 months to 2.5 years and all have loved the show. but our kids have all done shows in Pigeon Forge so was not their first long show

There's plenty of music, lights, and noise to occupy a child of any age, so I would imagine that a 2 year old would be just fine at the HDDR.

My kids have always loved Hoop Dee Doo. It's great for all ages. I've brought them as young as 1 and my oldest was 11 the last time we were there and he still laughed and loved it. It's a fun atmosphere with music and lights and danging/singing, so it definitely keeps the kids entertained. At the end they hand out washboards so the kids can play along. The serving style also helps as the continuous flow of food and drinks keeps things moving and there's always something new to eat on the table every few minutes which my kids appreciate! Have fun!

It really depends on the kid. I took my DS when he was 3 and he hated it. Took him again at 9 and he thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. If your child enjoys live entertainment, in general, he/she will probably be fine at HDDR.

We took my son a few days before his 2nd birthday and he loved it. He didn't understand the jokes but he was still cracking up the whole way through. Lots of kids were standing up by their chairs and dancing at various points during the show and he enjoyed getting out of his seat and joining in on the fun. They brought him and my 7 year old washboards and spoons to make music with near the end and they both thought that was neat.

You're obviously the best judge for your own child, but based on my experience with my own 2 munchkins and my neice (who were all around 2 when experiencing it for the first time), it's a must do. Loud and fun with kid friendly music and food. It was by far their favourite part of the trip (even surpassing the hotel pool!).

I know every child is different, but I would say yes. We took my niece in 2016 when she was 18 months old and she had such a great time! We had a lot of highlights during that trip, but that night was really the highlight of our trip because she enjoyed it so much! I have videos of her dancing in her high chair to the music, galloping in her chair when the actors were galloping on stage lol and when dessert came out, we took video of her reaction of the strawberry shortcake hitting the table - oh my goodness, her eyes lit up and she grabbed the big spoon and helped herself! It was the cutest thing. She has been back twice since then and going back for a 4th time in September and it is one of her favorite things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter