Hop on Hop off Paris Bus Tours

Lesley Wake

DIS Veteran
I know these are definitely seen as super-touristy, but who am I kidding - I'm a tourist! So I'm hoping to take advantage of one on our first day. I'm not sure yet if we'd use it more for the open-air drive around the Paris sights, or if we'd actually hop on/off. There seems to be 2 major companies: Big Bus Tours and Open Tours. Has anyone had any particularly good or bad experiences with either of those? It seems Big Bus would be better for a tour, as it has a longer route with less stops, but Open Tour would be better for hop on/off.

Also, has anyone done the Big Bus nighttime tour? That seems it would definitely be a good option for all the lights!

Thanks in advance!

I love these - normally. Done them all around the US and don't care they are touristy! Gets me to the main points with a guide and transport - love them.

That being said - I did one day with the Bus in Paris to Montmarte. I recommend against it for one reason - TRAFFIC. I have never seen anything like it - took us half a day to drive between points that the train would have taken 5 minutes. Normally I don't care, but the tour is not live it is recorded due to the number of languages required so if you are stopped it is silent or just music. To qualify - I have done this in Chicago, New York City, San Fransisco, etc so I get metro areas. This was insane.

I did a nighttime cruise on the Seine that was great for seeing the lights as you go by so many of the major sights without traffic. Just my suggestion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter