(hopefully NOT) Raining Men?

wallyb

<font color=blue>Love My Stella-rella!<br><font co
Okay "Weather Girls" anyone know the
official stated length of Florida's Hurricane Season?

We're going in early November - and I hope all I'll need to worry about is
if I'll be forced to ride IASM more than once! :crazy:

The official season is from June 1 till November 30. (I think) However the chances of a big one in November are significantly less. Hurricanes need warm water to strengthen and hopefully the gulf waters start cooling down in October. All that being said we are dealing with Mother Nature and well you know how that goes.

We usually go at the end of October into November and have never encountered a hurricane - thank goodness!

Our official move to Florida date is around first week of August. With our luck, this is when first big hurricane of the season will hit! :sunny:

Although it seems to changing of late, our usual time to visit the World is in September and we've spend many a vacation dodging hurricanes. We've even flown in and out in between two biggies. Once one hit, but it really wasn't a problem; just put a bit of crimp in our day. We figure it's the price we pay for traveling that time of year.

Normally, you won't see anything major in November. However, keep in mind that things the past two years have been very active, and the Atlantic is far warmer than usual. This past season they were tracking tropical activity into the early part of December. Your chances of getting a direct hit in Orlando in any event is slim (it really is rare). I think the hurricane concerns for that time of year are more for cruise passengers than those heading to WDW.

If a hurricane hits while you're here, you can come stay at my house and help me eat the ice cream (that was my job last time Orlando got hit) :)

Pete

QUOTE" If a hurricane hits while you're here, you can come stay at my house and help me eat the ice cream (that was my job last time Orlando got hit)"

LOL I would love that job!

Save the Marsha Marsha Marshmallow For me!

We were there last year over Thanksgiving. We arrived on Saturday evening, sticky but nicely warm (coming from Seattle, where it was about 40 degrees).

On Sunday we went to AK, which I now understand is rather naturally humid, and on that day verged on unbearable. I thought, "Wow! How the heck to people live here?" I felt soggy.

On Monday, we were at MK. About 3:00 PM, we went into Mickey's PhilharMagic, and the skies opened up while were inside. There was talk of ark building. When we came out the humidity was gone and the skies were clear. I'm certain I saw a dove fly into the sky.

The rest of the week was absolutely fantastic. It was as if hurricane season simply ended that afternoon with one final thunder shower.

Weirdest dang thing.

WebmasterPete said:
Normally, you won't see anything major in November. However, keep in mind that things the past two years have been very active, and the Atlantic is far warmer than usual. This past season they were tracking tropical activity into the early part of December. Your chances of getting a direct hit in Orlando in any event is slim (it really is rare). I think the hurricane concerns for that time of year are more for cruise passengers than those heading to WDW.

If a hurricane hits while you're here, you can come stay at my house and help me eat the ice cream (that was my job last time Orlando got hit) :)

Pete

printing and laminating so if a hurriacane hits I'm all set , PETE now all I need is directions :rotfl2:

:sunny:

There are sometimes hurricanes as late as Thanksgiving. My DF had a trip planned a few years ago and had to cancel because of a hurricane. It is unusual though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter