Hoping for some curly hair help

I have curly hair which looks frizzy and horrible when I only wash it and don't put anything in it.

Go to Walmart, Target, or just about any grocery store and buy Herbal Essences' "Totally Twisted Curl Scrunching Gel." Here in Arizona, it costs me usually about $3.50 for a container of it. Wash your hair like usual, towel dry it, comb hair with a wide-toothed comb, apply a quarter-sized amount of the gel into your hand. Moosh your hands together and then scrunch your hands all throughout your hair. I flip my hair upside down and kind of toussel it (I'm probably spelling that wrong).

That's it. No blow drying. Nothing other than that. It's great. It takes me <5 min each morning to do my hair. But I do have to wash it each day. This method doesn't work too well on day 2.

I agree with this! Sometimes the most cheap products out there are what works the best. I tried a lot of brands of different price ranges and was surprised that SUAVE mousse is what works perfectly for me.
Plus, keeping the hair routine simple.
I wish I could go back in time when I was in high school with a frizz ball for a head and tell myself " pst... spend $3 and buy suave!"
And for the next day, it still retains the curl and wave patterns, just finger comb thru it. No need to " reset" every morning :sunny:

How do you like the scent? I used to use that and then the scent really started to bother me. I know it doesn't ell bad, in my opinion, it was just strong.
I like it because it just smells clean. It doesn’t have that sweet Argon Oil/coconut scent. I probably don’t use enough for it to be super strong smelling, maybe a billion the size of a quarter.

DEVA CURLS products seriously the best stuff ever.
Everyone says that and I honestly didn’t care for it! I don’t know if I’m allergic to an ingredient in it or what but my scalp was super dry and itchy when I used it. Body chemistry is a funny thing...

My daughter has had success with Curls Rock. We get it from Ulta. She also dries her hair with a t shirt instead of a towel. If she showers at night, she sleeps with her hair in a bun. If she showers in the morning, she uses a diffuser and her hair looks great. She also uses Super Skinny by PAUL Mitchell to help with frizz.

Controlled Chaos, works well and smells great. After applying it to wet hair I just use my fingers for curls keeping my hands wet the whole time. Also if you can find a good stylist to layer the thickness out it helps.

I have curly, thick hair... I use Miss Jessie’s Pillowsoft Curls and the “plop” method to dry it(you can google how to do that, I’ll never use terrycloth on my hair again).
Do you use a t-shirt, or a cotton knit towel? I could never get the t-shirt on right.

Do you use a t-shirt, or a cotton knit towel? I could never get the t-shirt on right.
Big t-shirt. I lay it out flat(sleeves closest to me) hold my head directly over it, fold the bottom end(farthest from me) over it, gather the sleeves and then twist is all together and tie it in front. I specifically bought a really big shirt for it because I couldn’t do it with smaller ones.

I used this instructional and have just tweaked it to suit myself:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bu...he-best-kept-secret-for-perfect-natural-curls

https://www.curlyhair.com/ might be of some help. As a teen I had very very thick very kinky curly hair wish there had been help me like this then.

I never use a terry towel on my hair, wrap in Tshirt, never brush my hair till ready to shampoo not every time then only one in awhile.

When my hair was longer thicker I only used shampoo about once a month washed with conditioner maybe twice a week.

One of the best investments I ever made for my hair was a detangler comb that hung in shower, paid a whole dollar for that jewel 30 yrs ago an it is still going strong I always put the conditioner on my hair then detangled.

I learned never try to do anything with my hair dry it was only going to frizz an make bigger hair that I did not need it was big enough without adding more frizz an volume.

I never blow my hair dry the blow dryer even with a difusser only makes my hair frizzy an adds volume.

I have used the Aussie Mega products for almost 40 yrs once I found something that worked I've stuck with them.

Mixed Chicks has worked well for me.

This is what I use too. Their deep conditioner is what I use as a regular conditioner. I wash every few days and always at night so it air dries. Hair gets combed in the shower while conditioning and the rest is finger styled. In the morning, I can just wet it slightly and the curls go right into place.

After washing, I use Marc Anthony curl cream then OGX Argan oil. Everything comes from Target. I have thick, super dry, reddish blond, 2C/3A hair that frizzes easily. It’s taken me a long time to find products and a hairstylist that allow me to wash and go successfully.

@runwad I do the same thing as far as only washing with real shampoo 1 x week. The other days I wet my hair in the shower and "wash" my hair with conditioner. @OhMari I work our 5 days/week and you'd be surprised how well your hair is washed using just conditioner. My hair always looks and smells clean, but much less dry and frizzy than when I used shampoo more often.

My Wife likes to try different things on me. Currently I'm using Redken One United spray and 'it' brand 12 in one leave in treatment. I dry using a microfiber towel and blot dry, no rubbing. Rain water is like curl activator on me. I actually collect it in a spray bottle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter