Hopper help please

old feller

DIS Veteran
We are going in sept 2019 . and hoppers are needed for free dining it they offer it. We had them a couple of years ago and used them a few times.
Was thinking of rope dropping one park with EMH for 2-3 hours and then head to least crowds park of the with day with our 3 fastpasses.
Got the idea from other disers on here ?????

We often do that, although we usually stay at the first park for more than 2-3 hours. We usually stay until lunchtime and then hop to another park. Typically with this setup, our FPs are booked for the second park with the first FP starting between 2 and 3. Works well for us.

We hop most days but still set our FP's for the first park and as early as possible (then modify as we go to get them even earlier).

Both options work. If you are staying a few hours at the first park, using your FPs there an hour or 2 after RD works well. If you won't be staying that long, then having Fps at the second park is probably a better idea.

Ok. So what is your question?
Some people do that.
All depends on your preferences.
Personally I don't specifically do it that way because its a lot of travel time.

We often do that, although we usually stay at the first park for more than 2-3 hours. We usually stay until lunchtime and then hop to another park. Typically with this setup, our FPs are booked for the second park with the first FP starting between 2 and 3. Works well for us.

How much waiting in line to you experienced 11- 2 ? and thank you

Ok. So what is your question?
Some people do that.
All depends on your preferences.
Personally I don't specifically do it that way because its a lot of travel time.
My thought is to do am emh at whichever park has it but,then go to the least crowded park for that day with 3 fp .Usually the emh park will get to be very crowded. Does this make sense?

My thought is to do am emh at whichever park has it but,then go to the least crowded park for that day with 3 fp .Usually the emh park will get to be very crowded. Does this make sense?

I pay no attention to crowd calendars.
I have never found an EMH park to be any more or less crowded than a non EMH park.
I like to go to parks that have AM EMH and if I park hop its not to a park that a crowd calendar says I should hop to.
Instead its based on the park that I want to hop to.
For example I mostly do short trips now and get a 2 day PH.
With it I go to HS for the first half of the day and Epcot for the second half of the day and then the other day I go to MK for the majority of the day and then Epcot in the evening.
I would not go to HS just for EMH and then head to another park that is supposedly "not crowded". I would do everything that I want to do at HS and then leave.
Its all about personal preferences.

This is what we do. Stay at the first park until 11 or 12, then hop and have FP's set up for the second park. You don't need FP's right when a park opens so starting them right at park opening is a waste imo. I prefer to have solid FP's ready that likely won't be available either at all or until later. So we'll use our first 3 starting early afternoon then get a 4th FP after that

How much waiting in line to you experienced 11- 2 ? and thank you
Not more than 15 maybe 20 minutes until we stop to get lunch around 11:30-12. After lunch the lines pick up, so if lines are long, we might do a couple of the less popular rides or attractions that don't have much of a line before hopping to the next park. At rope drop, we focus on the more popular rides that we want to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter