Hopping a Plane Alone with a Toddler...yes, I'm crazy (Jan. '13 TR)

Great update! :thumbsup2 Can you believe we've never stopped to listen to Off Kilter?!?! :eek: We always seem to be in a hurry to get somewhere but I'll have to stop and listen when we return in October!

Do stop on your next trip! They're awesome and fun to watch!

Wow if that was from your I phone I think my camera might stay home next trip. :) My DH has to see that show multiply times during our trip, I like it but not as much as him.:)

I have the iPhone 4S. We got the 4S specifically for the camera and extra memory space. I am very pleased with it. I do have a fairly expensive Nikon, but the iPhone is on me almost constantly so I've been able to capture all these wonderful moments of Cady wherever we are!

Love the umbrella, :cool1: I bet you got lots of looks with her walking with it. Those are the memories you remember. My kids remember the funniest things on our trips.

We got to the bus stop at Epcot at exactly 7 o'clock and arrived around 7:45. I was so happy! I wanted to be back at the room by 8 o'clock to watch a new episode of my favorite show, Once Upon a Time. The ep was about my two favorite characters, Belle and Rumpelstiltskin aka Beauty and the Beast of the show. I really enjoy the Disney movie parallels the writers weave into the show. So much fun to watch for them!

We watched Once (and it was probably my favorite ep of the season!) then I tried getting Cady to go back to sleep since she'd woke up when we got on the bus. She was wired. I finally gave up trying and just set her in the pack'n'play and let her fuss until she went to sleep.

I was hungry, so I left Cady with Alicia to get some food. I got a cup of veggie soup and went back to the room. Only the tv was on (on mute too because Cady had finally went to sleep!), so I had no clue what I was eating but it tasted good :laughing:

I didn't want the evening to end, so I went for a walk and thought it'd be a good idea to check out Art of Animation for the first time. I took a ton of pictures!

A hidden Mickey!

IMG_3912_zps28dca97f.jpg

IMG_3913_zpsba683626.jpg

IMG_3914_zpsea691090.jpg

IMG_3915_zps2014edaf.jpg

IMG_3916_zps3765c993.jpg

IMG_3917_zps1bceb5e3.jpg

IMG_3918_zps0deb5840.jpg

IMG_3920_zps93734b3e.jpg

IMG_3922_zps2ab53efc.jpg

IMG_3923_zpsd50a2e67.jpg

IMG_3924_zps5c70575b.jpg

IMG_3925_zps28450686.jpg

IMG_3926_zps8c3c5e2c.jpg

IMG_3927_zpsc3d403e1.jpg

IMG_3928_zps7a84c4ba.jpg

I started back to Pop from TLM section. That was the LONGEST walk ever. I wasn't too impressed with AoA. Every section save for TLM was kind of barren and flat to me. The Cars section was cute, but we didn't get to walk through it until the April trip this year.

Back to Pop I went...

IMG_3929_zpscd8a0b3a.jpg

IMG_3911_zps50a56448.jpg

Besides the marathon traffic, it was a great day!!! We were off to the Magic Kingdom in the morning :dance3:

Love the theme of AOA but didn't like the buildings, it felt like a college dorm room.

Our 2nd day at Disney and we were headed to Magic Kingdom to check out the New Fantasyland!

Alicia and Cady were still oblivious of the world, so I went to get some breakfast and do my favorite thing...sit by the pool to eat it! A bird friend wanted to join me.

IMG_3930_zpsc65ae854.jpg

IMG_3931_zps1b1a662f.jpg

I always get cheese danish every morning while at Disney. It's the best danish I've ever had, so it's a bit of an addiction while there ::yes::

IMG_3932_zpsb58ac53f.jpg

IMG_3933_zps59c62760.jpg

Can't remember if my crew was up yet when I got back to the room, but we got out kind of late and made it to MK about 10.

The very first thing we did was get in line for Mickey. It seemed like the line wasn't too long, but it took way longer than we figured. Cady got really anxious and I think it's was then when we decided to never get in a long line for the rest of the day!

Uncle Scrooge's money! Shhh, don't let the Beagle Boys know!

DSCF1150_zps77635022.jpg

IMG_3935_zpsc0e91bdc.jpg

We had the same luck as the day before with Cady. She was shy with Mickey, but didn't cry.

DSCF1151_zps88d38d7c.jpg

We purchased a Mickey plush in the dump shop to go along with Cady's Oswald. Cady had to play with some of the toys while there, so I had to do some clean up :rolleyes:

By the time we got out of there, my crew and me were hungry. Another must-have food at Disney is the clam crowder from Columbia Harbour House. Yep, that's where we went!

Had a photopass pic on Main Street.

DSCF1154_zps4b3a673b.jpg

IMG_3938_zps8fba026d.jpg

Then we stopped at a photopass person. I didn't buy a photopass cd this time, but we thought what the heck and get the photographer to take our pic anyways. This was the result. What a horrible group pic! At least the one one Main Street came out better.

DSCF1156_zps70e50629.jpg

There was absolutely no one in line, just the way I like it ;) A CM saw Cady's birthday pin and gathered all the other CMs to sing her Happy Birthday and gave her a Mickey straw! What a magical moment it was :goodvibes

IMG_3943_zpsd7b2fdb8.jpg

*DROOLS*

IMG_3940_zpsd5de0dbb.jpg

Alicia got the chicken nuggets (another yummy food) and shared with Cady.

IMG_3941_zps529204c8.jpg

IMG_3939_zpsc571f14f.jpg

After we were done eating (it was a very pleasant meal, some times you just don't get those at Disney), we were headed to New Fantasyland!

I love sitting out on the balcony early in the morning it's so quiet. That was nice of the CM to give her that straw.

Off we went to check out New Fantasyland...

It's Rapunzel's tower! This section was open when we went back in April, but I didn't get to explore and take pics. Boooo.

IMG_3944_zps89aa219c.jpg

It was so darn crowded! I didn't expect January to be crowded, but I guess anything new at Disney draws a lot of people any time of the year. We tried to get pictures in front of Gaston's statue, but there were people all around it.

IMG_3947_zps18e91662.jpg

IMG_3948_zpsa3584df9.jpg

IMG_3949_zpse0803252.jpg

We didn't even try to go into the tavern. It was shoulder to shoulder people. The Be Our Guest restaurant had a crazy long line, so we skipped going in there as well. We checked out the Beauty and the Beast shop.

Cady liked this tea cart so much and wanted to push it around, but I didn't want her to run into any people. It broke my heart to tell her no, because she was so cute pushing it and she just didn't understand why she couldn't play with it :(

IMG_3952_zpse4f8189a.jpg

Cady had more luck playing with the toys in the back of the shop. She put the Cinderella/Belle doll to sleep on a pillow and that's always so adorable! Alicia and I were kinda freaked out by the doll though. It has a head for feet!

IMG_3955_zpse1ab755a.jpg

We checked out Eric's castle, which is absolutely beautiful!

IMG_3957_zps1f30b571.jpg

IMG_3958_zps6e92027b.jpg

IMG_3959_zps505be804.jpg

IMG_3956_zps46f096f8.jpg

IMG_3960_zps7f56ccb2.jpg

IMG_3961_zps1e304421.jpg

IMG_3962_zps5b6ee7c4.jpg

The line for the Mermaid ride was 80 minutes :scared1: Yeah, we weren't standing in that. It was a chore getting to the fastpass section for it, but we got our FPs for a little after 3 o'clock. We had a good while to wait! What to do...what to do...

When we were there in February it was wall to wall people. Next time your going to Disney try Gaston's Tavern, there was a long line, but I sent my DH to find a table and I got the goodies. We got Lefou’s Brew and a cinnamon buns, it was all good. Cady was so cute playing with the tea cart. :)

When we were there in February it was wall to wall people. Next time your going to Disney try Gaston's Tavern, there was a long line, but I sent my DH to find a table and I got the goodies. We got Lefou’s Brew and a cinnamon buns, it was all good. Cady was so cute playing with the tea cart. :)

We got to go in it on the April trip this year and take pics in Gaston's chair, but we didn't get anything from the counter. I'm determined to get something next trip! I really want a mug. If that cart wouldn't of been $40 I'd gotten it for her. I know it would of stayed a hit at least for a few months!

Before I go on with the TR, I have an announcement. We're expecting another baby in December (a surprise baby :wave2:), and yesterday we found out what it is!

IT'S ANOTHER GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My DH and I were both expecting a boy (we had a name ready to go), but as long as the baby is healthy, I don't care what it is! And all those Disney princess costumes I have for Cady (among the heap of baby clothes I saved) will get another use. We're excited and looking forward to our new baby girl :goodvibes

Anyroad, back to the TR!

Left off at the Mermaid ride FP station. Why in the world is it so dang far? You have to walk clear across Fantasyland to check if the line is too long. Oh well. Since the carousel was right there, we went on that!

IMG_3964_zpsf1a35a53.jpg

Don't worry, Alicia was holding Cady from behind!

IMG_3965_zps5e7a4d43.jpg

IMG_3966_zps0fd06149.jpg

DSCF1166_zps2c63c468.jpg

According to the pics, we headed over the the circus area to get a look around. The splashpad was pretty cool, but Cady was scared of it. I think it was far too noisy.

IMG_3967_zpscb9d576d.jpg

IMG_3969_zps7fa10d88.jpg

Since my fish of a child didn't want to play in water, we headed to Tomorrowland. The line for Dumbo was way way way too long and I'm not sure why we didn't ride the Teacups. That's always a must! At the splashpad we had changed Cady's clothes for her to play in the water. Since she didn't play, I tried changing her back but she refused to get out of the long-sleeved shirt! As long as she was comfortable, I guess it was okay.

We stopped by the mister in Tomorrowland and got wet there instead!

IMG_3971_zps13bd66eb.jpg

IMG_3972_zps407ba624.jpg

IMG_3974_zps7a816188.jpg

Also rode the Wedway...I mean, TTA.

IMG_3975_zpsac769777.jpg

IMG_3976_zps8d641c89.jpg

I was hoping to meet Buzz Lightyear or at least ride the ride. Neither happened. Since Cady was scared of characters, it wasn't a good idea and the ride line was 20 minutes and we had sworn off lines no longer than 10. We proceeded to Adventureland to ride Pirates!

Along the way we ran into Push. What great interaction we got!

IMG_3977_zpsceb9a710.jpg

At first, we just watched. I knew if we stayed long enough Push would talk to us. Sure enough, he did! Push asked if Cady was related to Cruella DeVil because of the Dalmatian stroller. We spotted the guy who voices Push in the crowd. He was kind of obvious standing right behind the people Push was talking to!

IMG_3978_zps7c60b365.jpg

After that, we were off to Adventureland!

Here's a pic I missed from the last post. It cracks me because Cady wanted to jump in so bad and I had to hold her back :rotfl:

DSCF1159_zpsdc85aec0.jpg

Congratulations on the upcoming addition to the family!! :cool1: If Cady is like our oldest, when the new baby came along, they were a big "help"! :eek: :lmao:

I really like your TR. Keep it coming!

:cool1: Congratulation's on your new daughter !!! For as many times as we have been to MK we have not seen the talking trash can. We will be on the lookout for it.

Off we went to Adventureland! Cady loves pirates of any kind. She was a pirate for Halloween and even had a pirate 2nd birthday party. So, we thought she'd love to ride POTC. Wrong!

IMG_3981_zpsf311c192.jpg

She didn't cry, thank goodness, but she was scared and buried her face in my side like an ostrich. I decided for the next trip in April that she wouldn't ride POTC.

I had wanted a dole whip float, but I was so thirsty because of the heat (it's January, it shouldn't be HOT!), I just wanted ice cold water. Alicia was craving a chocolate shake. She loves the shakes in Fantasyland. Since our TLM ride FPs were due, we headed there.

Alicia got her shake and we also got 3 ice cold waters and yes, that was the best water ever! We sat down in a shaded area at the entrance to the new part of Fantasyland and had a pleasant people watching moment as we drank down the yummy cold!

IMG_3982_zps72122d8c.jpg

IMG_3983_zps6acaf5d3.jpg

IMG_3984_zpsbeb04e62.jpg

IMG_3985_zps00b035d0.jpg

Now that we were cooled off, we headed to TLM ride.

IMG_3986_zpsb9ea1400.jpg

IMG_3987_zpsd5790b0c.jpg

The queue was very nice and the inside felt so good. Cool air! We hopped a clam shell and went under the sea!

IMG_3989_zps9b6d28a9.jpg

IMG_3991_zpscbf968c4.jpg

IMG_3992_zps9e6c132d.jpg

IMG_3996_zps897ebca2.jpg

IMG_3998_zps045c74dc.jpg

IMG_4001_zpsb95e3433.jpg

IMG_4004_zps5ee2dde6.jpg

It was a cute ride. I would never stand no more than 20 minutes in line to ride it though. Cady liked it a lot.

IMG_4005_zps0e304a8f.jpg

Even though it was only 4 o'clock, we were awfully tired and decided to leave. Cady hadn't had a nap all day, so she just wasn't very enthusiastic about anything.

The sun was in her eyes on the bus, so Alicia gave her her sunglasses.

IMG_4007_zps53f9ea0a.jpg

When we got back to Pop we had to go to the desk for something. I seriously can't remember why, but Cady went to play in the tv area and of course she sudden regained her energy.

IMG_4009_zps42b78991.jpg

We had to pry her away from this area to go back to the room!

Next up...an evening well spent at Pop.

Headed back to the room, I caught this pic. Cady wanted the giant Mickey so bad! :lmao:

IMG_4010_zpsca88e791.jpg

We chilled in the room for a little while. Cady did not take a nap. Oh well, we weren't going back to the parks so I guess it was okay. We ventured off to get something to eat. The salmon meal is so delicious! No one makes salmon like Disney! Sadly, on the April trip I couldn't get it because you shouldn't eat salmon during pregnancy...at least that's what I've read online.

IMG_4011_zpsd6a7e7de.jpg

Alicia got the kid's elbow noodles and I got Cady french fries. It worked out that Alicia almost always got kid's meals because she'd give Cady the drink and the apple slices or cookie that came with it. Cady also ate the green beans off my plate. She loves green beans!

IMG_4012_zpsc1a5986e.jpg

We went to the arcade afterwards and spent a good while there, and only spending like $3! Alicia played the Star Wars.

IMG_4014_zpsfab0b2a1.jpg

There wasn't much Cady could do. She rode this thing.

IMG_4015_zpsdad8095e.jpg

IMG_4016_zpsa4765c94.jpg

Then played this Popcorn game where you catch white balls in a popcorn bucket. It was only 5 points so we played it several times and got enough tickets to let her pick out a prize.

IMG_4018_zps1dbea0b3.jpg

IMG_4019_zps91b063b5.jpg

Cady wanted to go in the pool, but I didn't so I thought to bring her to the baby pool. She also didn't have her swimsuit (because it's January and not supposed to be warm enough!). I left her in her clothes.

DSCN8590_zps0abcfe61.jpg

DSCN8592_zpsbba26d31.jpg

DSCN8594_zpsbe48fb31.jpg

I thought the water could be a little chilly, but when I stepped in, it was freezing! Cady didn't seem to care at all. I immediately started worry that she would get hypothermia and go into shock and all that mom worry.

DSCN8596_zpsa6206c16.jpg

She's getting a little cold here, but still didn't want out.

DSCN8599_zps833e3013.jpg

DSCN8601_zps7946474a.jpg

DSCN8606_zpsd464eb7a.jpg

DSCN8607_zps7aa4822a.jpg

DSCN8611_zps2964afaf.jpg

After about 5 minutes or so I noticed Cady's teeth were chatter and declared it was time to get out. I stripped her of the wet clothes and carried her back to the room wrapped in a towel. That was the hardest walk I've ever had!

I got Cady warmed up in a nice warm bath and her jammies and we all settled down for our last night at Disney. We had no plans for the next day, but it was a Disney filled half day!

We love Dole whip as well, when we go to the Polynesian Resort we go to the food court and buy the Dole whip and have a competition on who can make the tallest cone. If you get one two people can share it, it's self serve. Love the pictures of Fantasyland.

Our last day at Disney came all too quickly :( Cady and I were up pretty early, leaving Alicia to sleep. We headed to the food court to get some breakfast.

This pic cracks me up. Cady's displaying her arcade prize..in her mouth.

IMG_4022_zps4d13cf08.jpg

IMG_4023_zps7772fc20.jpg

IMG_4024_zps8cc83c22.jpg

Cady had a danish of her own, but took one bite. That's kids for you. :rolleyes:

IMG_4027_zps9697bfeb.jpg

Afterwards, we walked around taking pics.

IMG_4028_zpse95f2d8e.jpg

IMG_4030_zpsfc5c8872.jpg

IMG_4033_zps2e89e85a.jpg

IMG_4035_zps7edb684d.jpg

Little girl, big rabbit!

IMG_4037_zps037ffd27.jpg

IMG_4038_zps1e4a005a.jpg

This is one of my favorite pics ever. Cady is reaching for the star(s)!

IMG_4039_zps2556b999.jpg

She insisted on walking in the wet grass.

IMG_4040_zps95e1f373.jpg

I promised Cady we'd go to the playground, but when we got there, the clean-up CM was about to blow all the trash away for the day. He was nice enough to let us play for a few minutes!

IMG_4041_zpscf61906d.jpg

Alicia was awake and ready when we got back to the room. Cady somehow made it outside again this time with her new umbrella.

IMG_4043_zps74a36942.jpg

Two little girls were looking out their window and Cady had to say hi.

IMG_4046_zps799ab052.jpg

Then they came out and gave Cady a hug! So cute :goodvibes

IMG_4048_zps80414869.jpg

We started to bring everything to the car. Cady had to play with her baby doll for a moment.

IMG_4049_zps284b267e.jpg

Our room number!

IMG_4050_zps8751090e.jpg

Goodbye room!

IMG_4051_zpsc36acce5.jpg

We made one more stop at the food court to refill our mugs and we were off to Art of Animation.

IMG_4052_zps46051c02.jpg

Cady looked so cute in her dress. It is always sad when it's your last day at Disney. Then you get home and start planning your next trip and that's what keeps the days from dragging. :)

We drove over to AoA. This would be Alicia and Cady's first time seeing it and my first time in the day time.

IMG_4053_zpsea3d1e4d.jpg

We thought the front was nice.

IMG_4055_zps22806bae.jpg

IMG_4056_zpse8f3cb77.jpg

IMG_4058_zps5b993ecf.jpg

I'd seen pics of the lobby and thought the lights behind check out were extremely bright. They were still very bright in person too! The lobby looked way smaller and flatter than Pop, though it may have just been an optical illusion because it's decorated differently.

IMG_4060_zps848cd3c8.jpg

IMG_4061_zpse5ec1a70.jpg

IMG_4062_zps9ab850ba.jpg

Cady was fascinated by the tiles.

IMG_4064_zps46815728.jpg

Timon is one of my faves!

IMG_4065_zps45d7bc02.jpg

IMG_4066_zps89685cf5.jpg

Cady had to climb the giant ottomans.

IMG_4068_zps7176dd84.jpg

IMG_4069_zpsa3a39e2c.jpg

This pic was taken right before Cady had an accident. Anyone see where this is going? Little kid on a piece of furniture with a hard floor underneath?

IMG_4070_zps3a178851.jpg

Cady started jumping and I was right there waiting to catch her, but it seems when you're expecting something to happen, you're reflexes are slower to react. Cady tripped on her dress and went SPLAT forehead first on the tiled floor. I literally heard the SPLAT too. :scared1:

Cady is crying hard. I'm freaking out thinking she's gonna have a concussion or something horrible. Alicia, who is in the medical field, examined her and tried to get Cady calm. She didn't have a knot or bruise on her forehead (Cady has a hard head :laughing:). I ran to the car to get her pacifier because she was crying so hard and we were drawing a lot of stares. By the time I got back, she'd calmed down though. Between the freezing water she swam in the night before and the fall onto her head, I was a bit paranoid for a while. I thought I knew what worry was before having a child, but you don't know REAL worry until you've had a kid!!!

We moved on from the lobby to take a look at the shop. I didn't get any pics in there. A CM gave Cady some stickers. We didn't see anything we wanted, so we left to explore the Lion King secton.

DSCF1196_zps3d7294d5.jpg

DSCF1197_zps6aac98c6.jpg

DSCF1198_zps216aa3f2.jpg

DSCF1199_zpsadb38c7f.jpg

I had to touch the blue butt!!!

DSCF1200_zps8040838b.jpg

DSCF1201_zps23efe828.jpg

DSCF1202_zps3317dd29.jpg

DSCF1203_zpse40d6a1c.jpg

DSCF1204_zps0b86a126.jpg

IMG_4071_zps231ad0a7.jpg

IMG_4072_zps915580b3.jpg

Cady clutching her stickers.

IMG_4073_zpsa82252f1.jpg

Hey, there's Scar!

IMG_4076_zps8c78031e.jpg

IMG_4077_zpse82e77a7.jpg

IMG_4078_zps8af21988.jpg

IMG_4080_zps08a717cd.jpg

IMG_4082_zps3e4416c2.jpg

I think we didn't feel like making the trek to TLM section, so we headed back to the front and walked through the food court.

IMG_4083_zps6ba28a0a.jpg

IMG_4084_zps6b78afa6.jpg

Once again, we weren't very impressed. The food didn't look all that good and I heard that it isn't. AoA was okay, but I wouldn't want to stay there.
Pop is just more appealing in all aspects.

After that we were off to DTD!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter