Horse Drawn Trolly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney still lists it on their attractions list on their website. I know at Disneyland there is no set schedule for the horses. They decide on a day by day basis depending on crowds and weather. They'll only have the horses when crowds are very light, often only in the morning hours.

Yes, the trolly is still at the MK. Like those at DL, it kind of depends on the mood of the horses and crowd levels as to when they are actually out on the street.

First morning of our trip/first day at MK, as we entered the park the trolley was just leaving Main St. and heading backstage in between the Fire Dept. and Barber Shop. This was my one an only sighting, but better than nothing. I'm still determined to get a ride one day.

We see it running quite a bit in the mornings... But I've never actually rode in it... Were always in too much of a hurry to get to our FP or something to take the time.

In Feb. we saw the trolley both mornings that we were at the MK. Thinking back to our past trips which were always at slower times of the year I remember seeing them only in the mornings.

I recently saw them on the live feed for the 24 hour day. Watched them for about 15ish minutes. Seems like they stop by the flag pole about every 5-10 minutes. Don't recall seeing them past 11 oclock though.

Not same experience but you can do hayride at FW. DW and I have gone on it.Right after last HDDR we would exit and get in line for ride. As 16 person limit but wagon seems to never be full. Same horses used as on Main Street. You can see the horses at FW stable. The hayride during holidays is real joy. Because it goes part of camp ground and all the RV's decked out with many lights and holiday decorations.I should mention stable is closed at dusk. Driver will give you nane of two horses pulling wagon and relate history of each since at WDW. IF horse gets old and retired go to special farm where they can rest and be taken care of. I will say the horses are well cared for and vet sees them each week. Sorry not intending to hi-jack your thread.

As others have said, the trolley is a morning thing. It's a fun way to get up main street - especially if you ride up front with the driver. Save your feet for later in the day and take it for a ride!

Must be mornings only... anyone know an actual schedule or best bet to get a ride?

Only in the morning and (normally) a one way ride from Town Sq. to the HUB. Happens for the beginning of Trolley Show when they take the Trolley from the Horse Barn up to the HUB in preparation for the beginning of Trolley Show which starts at the HUB and then has 3 stops on Main St. and the last stop in front of the Train Station in Town Sq..

After the last Trolley show the Trolley is put to bed, "Dobbin or Dobbinette" (as the case may be) goes back to Tri-Circle D Ranch and MiSiD&Pi comes out shortly after.

Last edited:
After the last Trolley show the Trolley is put to bed, "Dobbin or Dobbinette" (as the case may be) goes back to Tri-Circle D Ranch and MiSiD&Pi comes out shortly after.

MiSiD&Pi? Trying to decipher that one. Closest I can come is Mickey, ____ Daisy, & Piglet?

I'd like to revive this thread. Is the trolley still happening and if so, what is my best chance of riding/seeing it?
Heading back August 2019.

d20e7cb977d114561759315bd9a04f1c.gif

Also...

"Spot horse-drawn carriages (trolleys) on Main Street U.S.A., at Magic Kingdom park. To interact with majestic looking horses, take a smooth sleigh ride or a scenic jaunt along a trail at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground. You can also see a variety of breeds including Quarter Horse, Percheron, Paint, Gypsy Vanner, Clydesdale, Belgian, Appaloosa, Arabian and Shetland ponies, at Tri-Circle-D Ranch. "

9:00 am - 10:15 am

More Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter