• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Horse Rides at Fort Wilderness

We did this a few years ago.

A group of 15 or 20 "cowpokes" climbs aboard their hosses and, with a couple group leaders, hits the trail.

It's pleasant, but can be HOT -- it's about 45 minutes through woods and tall grass. The horses have walked that trail a zillion times and could do it in their sleep. (A few, I think, ARE asleep!) Most are very tame. A very can be a little testy...but the group leaders do a good job of keeping things under control. My wife, who had never so much as climbed on the back of a pony, had no trouble at all.

Be prepared to feel a wee bit SORE after it's done. You'll feel like a real cowboy, though. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure of the cost...anybody else know?? Make ressies early, since these adventures can fill up quickly.

Me and hubby did this in January. I believe it was 45.00 per person, not really sure. If you like horses and the "nature" thing, go for it.

It was ok, but I wouldnt do it again. It was a little boring. The horses are very very tame indeed. They do this day in day out and know every step, you really dont have to pull the reigns that much because the know exactly where they are going. And they smell! :)

You get in single file, and just trot on the trail. You see woods and that is about it. You will be very very sore when you are done. Or at least I was. I have been on a horse a time or 2 in my day, and I was sore! :)

But it is nice if you are into the nature thing. You will need to make ressies as well.

Have fun and good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter