4 Lg. tart apples, cored
1/2 C. apple juice
8 Tblspoons brown sugar
12 red-hot candies
4 Tblspoons butter or margarine
8 caramels
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon

Optional topping: Whipped cream

Peel about 3/4 inch off the top of each apple; place in crock. Pour juice over apples. Fill the center of each apple with 2 Tblspoons of sugar, 3 red-hots, 1Tblspoon of butter and 2 caramels. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until apples are tender. May serve with whipped cream if desired.
Makes 4 servings.

Oh my gosh Beth, this sounds incredible! We are apple fanatics, and I just bought a big bunch of Granny Smiths...I know what I'm making this weekend when it turns cold! I bet it would be hideously good with some really great vanilla ice cream too?
Thanks a bunch!!! :D

Beth-

CAN"T WAIT to try this one. I was thinking it sounded great over ice cream too!

Wow, that sounds absolutely heavenly...think I'll have to try it this weekend!!

That sounds really good. I love baked apples, and making the kitchen smell good for that long is wonderful, too.

hehehehehe...I'm glad! He won't be up for long...it just kinda displays the mood of the moment!

:)
Robin

Did anyone try this yet? I'm interested in hearing what you thought of it?

The crock pot has been on since 12 today. We will be eating the crock pot caramel apples for dessert at around 6. The smell is wonderful!!!!!!! I also made bread in the bread maker today. We will also be eating round steak with tomato sauce, onions and green peppers. A perfect fall dinner. I will let you all know how the apples turned out.

:D UPDATE-JUST FINISHED DINNER AND THE CROCK POT APPLES WERE A HUGE HIT WITH THE FAMILY. IT KIND OF TASTE LIKE APPLE PIE. THE APPLES WERE SO SOFT THAT THEY MELTED IN YOUR MOUTH. YOU COULD DETECT THE CINNAMON CANDIES AND CARAMEL WITH EVERY BITE. YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WILL FOR SURE MAKE THIS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

My family enjoyed these too! The only problem I ran into was that I didn't have an apple corer - which I thought I did have. Coring the apples was a bit of the pain. I think the recipe would be good for a chunky type apple sauce too. Next time I might just cut the apples into big sections and toss the whole thing in the crock pot to cook.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter