• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hotel at Clearwater ??

Always_leah

Earning My Ears
Hi-
Can anyone suggest which hotel at Clearwater or Clearwater Beach a family of 5 should stay at ? Only there one night 11/11.

thanks !

I really recommend the clearwater beach hotel. i stayed there for a week over new years 96, it was our first visit to America and it was just wonderful (Christmas at WDW and then this - oh i could go on about it for days!) Anyway, this hotel was the first one built on the beach so as you can guess it has just the best stop. Right on the beach with a lovely pool and shuffle board (a firm favourite) They have a food and drinks service whilst you just lye in the sun and it has a great bar with piano player for a really relaxed evening. I did eat around the pool and also room service but not in the actaul resturant (money was a bit tight after all the goodies i had brought at WDW) but there are lots of little eateries around it - frenchies do a great grouper sandwich.

I cant wait to go back

:D

Emma

I agree with pixie power, the hotel is nice. It's quiet, not new(one of oldest on the beach), It has just gone through a little remodel. (I work on all the plumbing, and am kinda partial to it)
There are others, the standard chain places. There's a nice Raddison just over the bridge on Sand Key. (South of Clearwater Beach, very close, but across the street from the beach)
There's is a place called Shepherd's they just added a bunch of new rooms. It seems more fit for the younger crowd, they have a popular beach bar, which draws a bunch of people on the week-ends. There's also lots of little mom and pop places, which are more affordable.

We stayed at Shepards resort on the beach, there were 6 of us and plenty of room, and they had a resturant attached , and they had a band playing outside at the pool from about 1:00pm until 10:00pm then another band when into the bar that was by the resturant.
This was Sept 2000.
Mrsmom
allstar resort Dec 95'
holiday inn sunspree Oct 98"
westgate lakes resort and clearwater beach Sept 2000
royal plaza resort Feb 2001
Wyndham palce and spa Sept 2001
Westgate lakes and clearwater beach June 2002

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter