Hotel breakfast parking

Kingdome8

DIS Veteran
quick question.
I was told if I have dinner reservation at the borardwalk resort I can leave my car here and walk around boardwalk at night.

I also have breakfast at yacht club then want to walk to Epcot. Can I leave my car there? I just called yacht club and she stated she wasn’t sure. But also stated wasn’t sure if I’d pay for parking for food reservations with new rules. Said I’d have to ask security guard. Any one know if I have to pay to park for dinner or if can leave car there while at Epcot all day. I assume no. Also if I call an Uber in morning is it easy to get? Thanks
Leave next Wednesday. Can’t wait. First adult trip

I do have a hotel reservation as well at carribean beach. So I will pay parking there

Resort parking is for guests using the resort...staying in the rooms, eating, shopping, visiting. Parking fees are at present for non-handicap parking room guests. If you park at a resort where you're not registered and then go to a theme park, you're doing something Disney asks you not do.

Haven't used Uber myself, but have read that lots of people do and it's fast and easy. Google it, and be sure to check the Minnie Van service.

Enjoy Boardwalk - it's awesome!

If you wish, you can drive to theme parks and won't be charged for parking since you have a resort parking pass.

So if I drive to Epcot early in morning can I walk to yacht club from Epcot parking? And how much time to get there?

You cannot leave your car all day at any resort while visiting Epcot unless you are staying at the resort. The general rule is 3 hours with an ADR, no fee. Will anything happen to your vehicle if you do? Probably not... Uber/Lyft are readily available. We have taken them as early as 5:30 am.

So if I drive to Epcot early in morning can I walk to yacht club from Epcot parking? And how much time to get there?
You would have to walk through Epcot and exit the International Gateway so the answer to your question revolves around whether Epcot is open. Why not drive to Yacht Cub for breakfast and then move the car after to the Epcot parking lot?

You cannot leave your car all day at any resort while visiting Epcot unless you are staying at the resort. The general rule is 3 hours with an ADR, no fee. Will anything happen to your vehicle if you do? Probably not... Uber/Lyft are readily available. We have taken them as early as 5:30 am.

You would have to walk through Epcot and exit the International Gateway so the answer to your question revolves around whether Epcot is open. Why not drive to Yacht Cub for breakfast and then move the car after to the Epcot parking lot?

Yeah that’s def the easy way. Lol. But kinda want to walk there as haven’t done it before

I just want to explain/clarify a couple of things...

I was told if I have dinner reservation at the borardwalk resort I can leave my car here and walk around boardwalk at night.

I also have breakfast at yacht club then want to walk to Epcot. Can I leave my car there? I just called yacht club and she stated she wasn’t sure.

When you call the published numbers for the resort, you're speaking to someone at a call center who may never have set foot in the resort. So they're not always the best sources of information. It's definitely not OK to park at a resort and then go to a theme park, and Disney has been known to tow cars in that situation. It's OK to do what you're planning at Boardwalk, because you'll be staying at Boardwalk and using their amenities the whole time your car is there. But they don't want you leaving your car at a resort you're not staying in, and then going somewhere else for hours.

I like the idea of using a Lyft/Uber to get to YC for your breakfast, and then walking to Epcot, using the Disney bus to get back to CBR. Otherwise, you'd drive to YC, have breakfast, and then move your car to the Epcot parking lot.

I do have a hotel reservation as well at carribean beach. So I will pay parking there

The parking fees are only for overnight parking at your resort. Self-parking is free at other Disney resorts you're visiting, and theme park parking is free since you're a Disney resort guest.

I really hope this will happen more often now that they are charging hotel guests (such as those at the Yacht Club) for parking.

The only reason I ask about leaving car. Is a few years back when I went park fair breakfast. Guard at grand Floridian charged me 15$ for my breakfast parking then asked if I was going to magic kingdom and said just use the Mono rail. He said it’s fun and your car is safe.

Another option is to take the bus to DHS in the morning and then walk to Yacht Club. From Yacht Club, you can then walk to Epcot. You wouldn't need to enter the park to get to Yacht Club like you'd have to do with Epcot, and I feel like it may be a slightly shorter walk than the Epcot route anyway.

The only reason I ask about leaving car. Is a few years back when I went park fair breakfast. Guard at grand Floridian charged me 15$ for my breakfast parking then asked if I was going to magic kingdom and said just use the Mono rail. He said it’s fun and your car is safe.

It's unlikely this happened. The guards don't have any way to charge you for parking. Most likely what you did was valet park. You can valet park at the Yacht Club for the day if you want, but it now costs $25 I believe.

If you paid to valet, that is a different (and valid) situation.

If the guard asked you for $15 cash for parking, that would be more...unusual. ;)

For those who do not valet park, the policy is posted even if cast members can be as variable as the weather...

I'd just ask the guard (noting that you are staying and have parking at another Disney resort) when you get to YC. If he/she says it's OK, then it's OK. Otherwise just drive over to Epcot after.

Resort parking is for guests using the resort...staying in the rooms, eating, shopping, visiting. Parking fees are at present for non-handicap parking room guests. If you park at a resort where you're not registered and then go to a theme park, you're doing something Disney asks you not do.

They are exceptions IF you are spending big bucks. We splurged for my wife to take our daughter to the Princess Tea Party at the GF during our last stay in May (our hotel was the BCV). The CM manning the valet area(we were self parking) said, since we purchased the Princess tea party package, we were entitled to park at the GF for the day and use the monorail or boat to go to MK. Unfortunately we had Animal Kingdom slotted for that day already.

I'd just ask the guard (noting that you are staying and have parking at another Disney resort) when you get to YC. If he/she says it's OK, then it's OK. Otherwise just drive over to Epcot after.

Contemporary is the only resort that required me to move my car after a breakfast reservation. Others, including Beach Club have said it's ok to stay. I know it's technically against some written guidelines but it is what it is. If a guest can't find a parking spot it's an issue but most of the parking lots are huge so it appears they are often loose with the rules .

That being said I wouldn't assume I can park anywhere. Always be straight be with parking attendant and follow their directions.

It's unlikely this happened. The guards don't have any way to charge you for parking. Most likely what you did was valet park. You can valet park at the Yacht Club for the day if you want, but it now costs $25 I believe.

Sorry valet. Yes.

I thought it had gone up to $33 now.

They should change the parking rules now that they started charging fees. There is no free parking anymore for resort guests, even if you don’t hand over money while pulling into a theme park your still paying for it at the resort. Because your paying Disney for parking I think you shouldn’t have to move the cars anymore after all your now paying to park in Disney lots

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!