hotel bReakfast

disneychrista

DIS Veteran
When you stay at a hotel do you eat breakfast in the breakfast room or do you take it back to your room?

I almost always take it back to my room.

Most of the hotel we stay at have a sign hanging up that says no taking food out of breakfast area or I would take it back to the room.

We eat in the breakfast room.
Every hotel I have stayed at that offers breakfast (mostly Holiday Inn Express) provide trays to take food back to your room.

We are always eating breakfast on our way out for the day, so we have never taken it back to the room.

When you stay at a hotel do you eat breakfast in the breakfast room or do you take it back to your room?

I almost always take it back to my room.

Depends. If I'm sharing then it's nice to rotate and let people get ready in shifts while the other people eat in the breakfast area. When I'm alone or we are trying to save time then yes I often take the food back.

Most of the time we stay in the breakfast room and eat. Often, we bring back something to the hotel room for our teenager so he can get a little more sleep.

I depends on the type of breakfast. If all guests get breakfast, then it's assumed that it's OK to bring it to the room.

I have had hotel breakfast buffets where we paid separately (or it's a special room rate with breakfast) and taking it back to the room wasn't allowed. One could conceivably order for one, fill up, and then bring something back to a non paying guest. However, I've been to a place where all guests were allowed to partake, and nobody batted an eye if something was brought back to a room.

Almost always eat in the breakfast room. If we take something back it's usually one of the kids and it's like an unopened cereal box or piece of fruit because once we leave the hotel (shortly there after) they will be hungry.

Usually we stay there and eat. Sometimes, though, we have taken it up to the room!

I eat in the breakfast area... especially when there is table available. I sometimes go down early to avoid the crowds 8am.

The worst is fruit that gets taken away from the dining area to be consumed elsewhere or when travelers are outside the room.

If we're up early trying to get somewhere I'll go grab food while my Wife gets ready. If we have time in the morning we'll eat there. Often we are sleeping past the breakfast hours and I'll wake up, go get some food then we'll eat after we get up.

In the hotels we have stayed at with breakfast, there are usually signs saying that food is not to be taken from the breakfast room (for several reasons, but more to do with health regulations and pests). I would rather not deal with the extra trash/food in the room, so we just eat in the breakfast room.

I depends on the type of breakfast. If all guests get breakfast, then it's assumed that it's OK to bring it to the room.

I have had hotel breakfast buffets where we paid separately (or it's a special room rate with breakfast) and taking it back to the room wasn't allowed. One could conceivably order for one, fill up, and then bring something back to a non paying guest. However, I've been to a place where all guests were allowed to partake, and nobody batted an eye if something was brought back to a room.

Places that charge usually do this for that exact reason. It's just like going to a buffet style restaurant - no take out. If the breakfast is complimentary, then they usually never care if people take it to the room. I usually sit in the breakfast area myself though.

Another in the breakfast roomer here. Unless the place is totally packed out so there are no tables/seats available.

I do a lot of room service breakfast while getting ready. Or, I'll grab fruit, pastry, espresso and bring it back while my companion gets ready. Other than conferences where you grab food and head for keynote, that's my way...now if we're talking brunch...

Always in the breakfast room. I might bring a coffee and danish or piece of fruit back to my room after breakfast.

I prefer to eat in the breakfast room. I like to get seconds on coffee or juice. Sometimes I start with fruit and then go back for the hot stuff. I like to keep my options open instead of just getting stuff and taking it back to the room.

Both.

If dh wakes up early and I'm still getting ready, he grabs it and takes it up to the room to save time.

But if I'm going, that means all of us are ready so we eat there to get in and out get on with our plans.

It's typically the latter, I am first one up in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!